Pooner Diaries: Daybreak

The morning light streamed through a gap in the curtains, striking my face with a soft pink glow as it only can under the big skies of the prairies. I stirred from my deep slumber, felt the crisp and cool white sheets against my skin as I turned to look at the clock. Ooh, I?m stiff. I?m going to be a little sore today. I smiled, as I thought back to last night and why I was going to be sore.

I felt the stubble on my chin as I slowly woke up. I can still faintly smell her scent on me. I barely remembered seeing her to the door, her fully clothed in her coat and boots and me, naked as the day I was born. We must have looked a comical pair. But she gave me a deep kiss goodnight and I returned with a wistful hug, as she slipped out the door and into the night.

This room feels so empty without her here. It?s so odd. We had never met in person before last night, we had never heard each other?s voices, never seen each other?s faces. I don't even know her name. Her real name, anyway. But it already felt like I had known her forever.

Can one fall for someone else through their words? I know many would say poppycock, nonsense. And I would have been one of them. I?d believed that a touch, a gentle whisper, lips brushing their intimate secrets against the other?s ear was indispensable for affairs of the heart. Not to mention physical chemistry, mystical pheremones wafting into our noses, tickling that primitive part of our brains into acceptance, lust, desire.

But I know better now, for I have fallen with her words. It was only partly what she had said, articulate and thoughtful musings on life, love, the world around her. But it was also the way that she said those words that had caught my attention. She wrote as I had, direct, lean and yet lyrical. I couldn?t help but admire those words and I wrote a note of admiration. As it turned out, she had noticed me as well.

That brief note between us became the spark that had ignited a flame. We started to write to each other, and it was through that, that the soft tendrils of friendship started to wind its way around us both. Our first messages were formal, polite, brief. But as we got to know each other, they became warmer, then finally intimate. The tiny lick of flame became a blaze, then a conflagration. We wrote long letters to each other, that virtual paper the tinder that also fanned our respective infatuations. Oh, yes, we had become smitten.

Fate smiled upon us. I was going to be passing close to the town where she lived. The possibility of meeting in person suddenly became a concrete and tangible possibility. I don?t think that I even asked if she wanted to meet. We took it as an unspoken given. Of course we would meet. There was never any thought that it could be otherwise.

I anxiously waited for the day to arrive. Our notes became even more intense. The anticipation was killing us both, in the most delicious way. But tempus was inexorably fugiting, and the day finally came.

The knock on my door was soft. I leapt up and swung open the door with a smile. And the smile froze on my face when we finally came face to face.

I had fallen for her mind. I?d resolved that it just didn?t matter what she looked like. But the woman standing before me was a sight to behold. Tall, blonde, eyes of icy blue in a model?s high-cheekboned face. Elegantly turned out in a long black coat buttoned closed, concealing the delights within. She was just gorgeous. She was someone who would have made me turn my head in the street. And though I already loved her mind, I now knew there was already much that I would admire on a more visceral level.

We hugged warmly. I could smell her faint scent of fresh soap, clean and wholesome. And I tasted those lips and our tongues touched. It was a brief kiss. But in it was an eternity of anticipation and longing that was released in that kiss. A greeting hello, and a suggestion of much more to come.

I finally broke the kiss and offered her a drink. And as I mixed drinks for us, I could feel her gaze on me. I turned quickly to see her gaze had been below my waist, a mischievous smile crinkling those icy blues approvingly. Apparently my butt had passed muster. I blushed. I realized this physical admiration, hormones calling out for warm flesh in the darkest part of the night, was mutually felt.

I brought the drinks over and we sat closely on the edge of the bed. We talked about my flight here, my drive up. We talked about my plans for travelling through the area. It would have been the polite banter of two people just getting to know each other, except for our intertwined fingers, my thigh touching hers, the soft kisses punctuating our sentences.

I could sense the deep passions just swirling below the calm surface of our polite conversation. We were so terribly tempted to rip each other?s clothes off where we sat, devour each other on the spot. But no. There was plenty of time for that yet.

It was early. Was she hungry? I knew a place. And as it happened, she was. We made it out of the room and into the car, and it's a wonder I didn't cause an accident, she drew so much of my attention. But I eventually made it to the restaurant and parked. It didn't take a word or a moment of thought, our lips were drawn together inexorably. Our tongues did that familiar slow-motion duel, that delicious glide, that tender yet passionate clinch.

I broke away panting, to see that dreamy smile on her face. I'd better get her out of the car before we do something terribly public. Ok, time to put my gentlemanly demeanor on now. We're in public.

We walked into the crowded restaurant. My heart sank as I saw all the people. I hadn't thought ahead to make a reservation. But there was a table available. And as if the fates were still watching out over us, a discreet booth in the back was ours for the sitting. We slid into the booth and sat closely, big dumb grins betraying our respective can't-believe-I'm-here-pinch-me happiness.

We managed polite conversation, though our body language spoke loudly in that noisy restaurant. Our food came and I picked up a little morsel with my fingers, bringing it to her lips. Her eyes closed as she took it in her mouth, her lips lightly brushing my fingertips before ever so gently sucking on one of them.

My goodness. I think I should put a napkin over my lap.

We ate quickly and with few words but our glances, our ever so subtle brushes of our knees and our fingers communicating volumes. I quickly took care of the check and we stepped out into the cool night air.

I managed to weave the car back to my hotel without hitting anything. She excused herself for a moment as I lit candles, put on some music I knew she would like. The bathroom door opened and her eyes opened wide with a smile. She hadn't been expecting this. She melted into my arms and we kissed. I slipped the light sweater off of her shoulders and caressed her breasts through her shirt, my lips tracing her nipple framed in the fabric. Her eyes closed and her lips parted, leaning her head back, her breath becoming heavy.

I eased off her tights and dined for the second time that evening, Venus on the half-shell, wet, slippery, alive and pink. I savored every subtle flavor, every little nuance and texture. She arched her back, face twisted in ecstacy, a squeal escaping her lips. I leaned back and watched her as she regained her breath, gently stroking her belly with my fingertips. She turned to me and kissed, more forcefully now. She reached to unbutton my shirt, undo my belt. She reached into my pants and withdrew me, purple hardness in the cool air. Without a moment's hesitation she took me in her mouth, her warmth surrounding me.

I would have let her do that until I was old and grey. I would draw sustenance from the waves of pleasure, breath fresh air anew with each stroke. But then she turned to me with a huge smile and straddled my hips, her breath catching in her throat as I slid home into her. We moved, slowly at first, then faster and faster. We both thrusted with abandon, the bed racking, our growls and moans drowning out the world around us. My sweet pussycat had become a tigress, I became a raptorous bird of prey as we roared and snarled into the night.

I saw white light. The birth of a new day, twin suns rising over an alien landscape as I flew free into the night sky.

She lay beside me and wrapped herself around me as I lay there panting. We chatted, punctuated by light kisses, fingers intertwined. My heart soared, released from its moorings, its defenses melted away like the wax around the flickering candlelight. She slipped out of bed, pulled her clothes on and left.

She left me alone in this room, hours ago. And though I'm rarely alone for long, I felt lonely and a little lost in the early morning light. She had given me a taste of what it felt like to be loved, and I had reveled in it, immersed in the baptism of her wonderous passion. It had felt so real, so enduring. And now that it was gone, I felt withdrawal symptoms from that most delightful of natural drugs. I wanted to see her, to hold her, to tell her how I felt. But instead, I shivered, wrapping the cold sheet around me for warmth.

I walked up to window and peered through the curtains. Straggling shades of pink rimmed a few clouds around the swiftly rising sun. It's a new day. And I have to move on, back to the cold hard reality that is my life. I'll just have my memories of that one magical evening to keep me warm on those lonely winter nights of the soul.

That is, till the next time.

• Like 1

Guest al****s

Such a magical evening you describe here Birdboy. Two very lucky people finding each other in the ups and downs of this business/hobby.

Another great story...love it!!

alexis...xoxo

Good morning Birdboy.

Kudos for another well-crafted episode. To say that words can stimulate is an uderstatement when reading your prose. Hot, steamy, erotic sensuality seems to flow naturally from the tip of your fingers fired by that wonderfully creative mind.

Well done.

Such a magical evening you describe here Birdboy. Two very lucky people finding each other in the ups and downs of this business/hobby.

Another great story...love it!!

'Twas a night to remember, to dream about, to immortalize in prose as well as in my own memories. Here's hoping that magic, that glittering fairy dust will shine again. Thanks, Alexis. :grin:

Kudos for another well-crafted episode. To say that words can stimulate is an uderstatement when reading your prose. Hot, steamy, erotic sensuality seems to flow naturally from the tip of your fingers fired by that wonderfully creative mind.

Well done.

Mutau, one of my most ardent and erudite fans. Thank you for your words of praise, they are much appreciated. Look forward to seeing more here in the future!

I always enjoy your stories, BB

Thx for posting on cerb. :-D

And it's always a delight having you enjoy them, no matter where we are. Thanks, Katrina!

speechless as always dear friend :)
Elizabeth, you might be a woman of few words but the ones you've written are a delight. Thank you, old friend. :smile:
Edited by Birdboy