Agency Vs Independeng

I have only ever booked with independent ladies and have always passed up opportunities at booking with someone working with an agency.

I have always wondered though if the experience could be different simply because of that factor.

Do you have a preference for independent versus agency?

How can one know if an agency is reputable? If the provider is being fairly treated and given a fair share of earnings, etc?

I guess a lot of these questions cannot be answered because of the nature of the business. But I'm curious if anyone has any information or if there's a way to know of reputable and reliable agencies.

Thanks.

There are so many different types of agencies. Most of us got our training in this industry by working for an agency. So there are pros and cons.

With an agency, you have a choice of who is available for the time you are available. Their screening of both the lady and the hobbyist tend to weed out the flakes. Agencies take between 30-60% of the call - so depending on the agency the lady works for, recognize that, and tips make or break her day. She will typically work more calls per shift, to make up for the cut she pays her agency. However, she doesn't need to worry about replenishing the incall space, paying for the rent, utilities, phones etc. She shows up for her shift, puts in her hours, and then goes home.

The one issue with some agencies, the lady may not have control of what services the agency is selling for her. I know of some that feel compelled to give services she may not necessarily do, because they will not give her shifts/hire her, unless she provides them. However, some agencies allow the girl you want to see to actually book the appointment, so if you are allowed to talk to her prior to meeting, it helps to make sure you are compatible. Not all will do this, but some of the better ones will.

I've worked for some horrible agencies. Forced to take dangerous calls - if I didn't take the call, I would be sent home. One agency forced me to use their driver - I never knew who was my driver until he showed up, and had no say in who my driver would be. He would pick me up at the start of the shift, I would stay in the car until I got a call, then back in after the call and stayed in it until my shift was over. Unless the client let me shower at his place, I was only able to do basic wash ups between calls. I once did 12 calls in a shift, and they wanted me to do one more "a bakers dozen" is what they said. I was tired, and wanted to go home. I refused to do the call, and was told for a few days after, there were no shifts available for me. So, they froze me out, to make me compliant. I left them when they sent me on a dangerous call with a trucker and my driver left the area to "give us privacy" after I begged him to stay near by. I couldn't reach my driver, or the agency, and was alone in an industrustrial area of town, the middle of the night, with no phone, and no way to get home. I quit that night and never went back.

However, I've worked for amazing agencies that mentored me, guided me, showed me ways I could improve my business model. I am grateful to them for their guidance and support.

Co-ops are gaining traction now. A place where women work together, help each other, support each other - the traditionally agency option, but the lady has full control of who she sees, when she sees them, she books them herself - the co-op maintains the space and structure - she creates her own business model. Thats the route I would go.

I have no idea of what area you are in, but some cities are known for bait and switch when using agencies. Looking at your previous posts, it appears you are in Winnipeg. If that is so, be very cautious.

Me, I'm happy being independant. I have enough knowledge, skills and experience to know what I am doing.

Good luck!

• Like 6

As a client, I have seen indies, agency, and collective workers. There's really no generalization to be made about any of those groups. There are good and bad indies, there are good and bad agencies. The only thing that applies to all of them is the strength of their reputation. If you do a bit of research and find an agency or an indie has a good reputation, then you're probably going to get a good (or at least professional) experience out of dealing with them.

• Like 2

There are so many different types of agencies. Most of us got our training in this industry by working for an agency. So there are pros and cons.

With an agency, you have a choice of who is available for the time you are available. Their screening of both the lady and the hobbyist tend to weed out the flakes. Agencies take between 30-60% of the call - so depending on the agency the lady works for, recognize that, and tips make or break her day. She will typically work more calls per shift, to make up for the cut she pays her agency. However, she doesn't need to worry about replenishing the incall space, paying for the rent, utilities, phones etc. She shows up for her shift, puts in her hours, and then goes home.

The one issue with some agencies, the lady may not have control of what services the agency is selling for her. I know of some that feel compelled to give services she may not necessarily do, because they will not give her shifts/hire her, unless she provides them. However, some agencies allow the girl you want to see to actually book the appointment, so if you are allowed to talk to her prior to meeting, it helps to make sure you are compatible. Not all will do this, but some of the better ones will.

I've worked for some horrible agencies. Forced to take dangerous calls - if I didn't take the call, I would be sent home. One agency forced me to use their driver - I never knew who was my driver until he showed up, and had no say in who my driver would be. He would pick me up at the start of the shift, I would stay in the car until I got a call, then back in after the call and stayed in it until my shift was over. Unless the client let me shower at his place, I was only able to do basic wash ups between calls. I once did 12 calls in a shift, and they wanted me to do one more "a bakers dozen" is what they said. I was tired, and wanted to go home. I refused to do the call, and was told for a few days after, there were no shifts available for me. So, they froze me out, to make me compliant. I left them when they sent me on a dangerous call with a trucker and my driver left the area to "give us privacy" after I begged him to stay near by. I couldn't reach my driver, or the agency, and was alone in an industrustrial area of town, the middle of the night, with no phone, and no way to get home. I quit that night and never went back.

However, I've worked for amazing agencies that mentored me, guided me, showed me ways I could improve my business model. I am grateful to them for their guidance and support.

Co-ops are gaining traction now. A place where women work together, help each other, support each other - the traditionally agency option, but the lady has full control of who she sees, when she sees them, she books them herself - the co-op maintains the space and structure - she creates her own business model. Thats the route I would go.

I have no idea of what area you are in, but some cities are known for bait and switch when using agencies. Looking at your previous posts, it appears you are in Winnipeg. If that is so, be very cautious.

Me, I'm happy being independant. I have enough knowledge, skills and experience to know what I am doing.

Good luck!

Thank you for this helpful post.

How would one find out about these cooperatives? I'd be more than willing to support them if it's run by providers.

Thank you so much again.

Thank you for this helpful post.

How would one find out about these cooperatives? I'd be more than willing to support them if it's run by providers.

Thank you so much again.

Co-operatives don't generally advertise as such. It defeats the purpose in some ways. It's more of a behind the scene/administrative assistance for the provider. However, there are so many different models, that I could never explain them with justice.

The tools are out there - just follow the guidelines others have provided for you.

• Like 1