Rolling the Dice....

Have you ever rolled the dice in any serious way? If so, how did it turn out?

I have decided to do a roll of the dice in a medical sense. My choice is to lose my leg above the knee or a surgery that will prevent that but with the down side being to lose the one leg above the knee and the other below. The safer bet is to sacrifice the one leg. I have chosen to roll the dice though the risk of a bad outcome is medically significant. Surgery Friday and then we shall see over the next few weeks how it turns out. For the last while I have been pretty upset about what to do. Now I am content with my decision, no matter how it turns out.

• Like 5

I walked away from a job I enjoyed..but wasn't enough to support me, went behind family's back (collectively hehe) - who all but said it was a bad idea, and I would no doubt fail.....and decided to jump completely blind into what is now my absolutely purrrrfect clinic... with no money.. no credit... no support.. no idea really why I was so pulled to do this, or why I was even doing it... but so glad I did!

After decades of working for others..trying to fit my funky self into their version of 'normal' <grin> of doing housecalls for therapy sessions for TWELVE YEARS!! (ACK!)... I took that totally scary plunge, and now have my own completely awesome little corner of the planet!

I have taken a number of such leaps over the course of my life.. and have regretted none of them... no matter how I fared... after all, it's all the lumps and bumps we gain that shape and make us who we are right now, this second ;)

• Like 3

Good luck my friend, hope it all goes well for you, and you have a comfortable recovery and the best possible outcome. Everyone is pulling for you.

• Like 1

Guest *Ste***cque**

Hopefully the odds are still considerably with you. I wish you a good outcome, mrrnice2. I'll be thinking of you.

As for your question, I've 'rolled the dice' a few times in my life.

Once, when I started up my business. It was a risk but to be honest, I was too young to appreciate the risks. I thought "if it doesn't work out, I'll just move home". Luckily, it worked out.

Another time was when I married my wife. Marriage statistics scared the hell out of me! Something like 50% of all marriages last forever!! Just kidding. I thought you might appreciate some humor. Marriage can be a risk but for me it was the best "roll of the dice" ever!

Take care,

Steve

Mrrnice 2 you are so brave and strong! I have rolled the dice a couple of times. Once was moving out from home when I was probably too young and not ready to be on my own even though I had my parents' support I didn't know how things would turn out for me and I was right, things as simple as putting gas to my car (my dad used to do it for me) suddenly looked so complicated, I've had ups and downs but I believe it was the best decision I could've made. I've also taken chances saying or doing things knowing I could end up getting hurt, sometimes I did others I didn't but I have no regrets and I wish the same for you and as others said the best possible outcome and remember you can turn anything around :) xoxo