Why is it so hard to find a SP that doesn't smoke??

I travel often on business to Toronto and Ottawa and it would be much simplier if Sp's or agencies would list those ladies that are non-smokers.

I would assume that some non-smoking ladies would also prefer non-smoking customers as well.

Oh well just my little rant, I guess I will keep searching. If anyone would like to offer any names it would be appreciated.

Guest Stiletto Kyss

I live in Ottawa and your observations are well founded IMOP. From her posts here Christine (Joyful Spirt) doesn't smoke and suffers from allergies like me. I've never met the lady, but she seems most pleasant and accomodating. Erica (Carribean lady on EC) doesn't smoke nor does Monique as far as I can tell. Monique is well reviewed on a number of boards. I might be wrong, but I don't think Heidi (Hotsuff Heidi) is a smoker either...cute little 18-year-old who has an ad on Craigs List occasionally indicating she's a non-smoker. She's been recommended by some clients on this board so do a search about her and check with the person who posted the recommendation. I wish I could be more help and hopefully some others might be of assistance as I would like to know as well. I'm pretty much ready to pack it in for that very reason. Some visiting ladies are non-smokers however.

s-k

I travel often on business to Toronto and Ottawa and it would be much simplier if Sp's or agencies would list those ladies that are non-smokers.

I would assume that some non-smoking ladies would also prefer non-smoking customers as well.

Oh well just my little rant, I guess I will keep searching. If anyone would like to offer any names it would be appreciated.

I am a non-smoking SP,but unfortunately i do not accept new clients in a regular basis.I do ask a reference for first time appointment.If you have seen me before you don't need one.Most of my regulars are non-smoking due to my personal taste.

I too would prefer non-smoking, but so long as the lady does not reek of cigarette smoke, I can not say I mind too much. Many have asked if I do smoke afterwards, and, not repeating the old joke, all have declined after I said I do not, even after I say it would not bother me if they would like to.

Have others found it to be a issue?

From my experience most SP's who don't smoke tend to put that in the advertising. Using it as a "sales tactic" (i.e: non-smoker..lol) So I'd have to say if its not mentioned in her posting/advertising, they are most likely smokers.

Sometimes what we dont say.. can be as important as what we do.

I think it's wrong to say these women use this as a tactic sale.It's more to express their preferences.Us the providers we do have preferences like anyone else.When you can permit yourself to select your clients like me it's less complicated.I think the clients have the right to know that since a lot of smokers bear the cigarettes smell everywhere they go.Not to mention about their breath!

I am not a smoker, drinker or drug user. I will not visit hotel rooms that have been smoked in. I will see clients in my incall who smoke but if they want true GFE I would hope that they wouldn?t smoke on their way over here. Although I live and work in B.C. I occasionally travel to Toronto and I do have family and friends in the Montr?al area which I visit a few times a year.

http://www.kamloopsbrandi.com

Guest L.M. (No longer a member here)

I am a smoke-free and drug-free person and I only drink socially. I don't mind people who smoke as long as they keep their hygiene clean. Few of my clients are smoker, but you can never tell due to their good hygienes. That's a good thing, but my preference stay for the non smokers.

Guest katia
Us the providers we do have preferences like anyone else.
I definately agree with you Mika. I have been a provider before, but no longer practice. I can see your point of view.

I don't mind people who smoke as long as they keep their hygiene clean.
Can't blame you Megane. Patience is an art.

Have always enjoyed DFK with a SP it really turns me on (if they are really good at it).....and have always been turned off by any signs of poor mouth hygiene (and of course other areas of their body) but smoking can really put a downer on the visit.

don t smoke but I am smoking hot :P

www.vipottawa.webs.com Julie & Nathalie private dancing not FS

BTW Julie your web site is not up to date for availability

i don t smoke but I am smoking hot :P

Julie, I do not understand what would make you post in a thread that is about non-smoking SP's.

SP's are full service providers....and you have made it clear that you are not a full service provider......

not that there is any thing wrong with what you offer...all you are doing here is making people confused

i don t smoke but I am smoking hot :P

Julie, you rock.:p

Good answer.

I'm a smoker --- ewwww, I know but hear me out.

My home is non-smoking - it always smells good.

I don't smoke before appointments or after in the presence of my n/s clients.

My hair and breath never smell like smoke because I shower and am a nazi about oral hygiene beforehand.

Are we talking about smoking in clients' presence? Smoking in general, i.e. not doing a good job of masking it?

I would appreciate some clarification, as a smoking (but not stinking) SP.

This is an illuminating topic.

Joyful Jillian...my clarification as a hobbiest would be that you would not answer the door and a cloud of smoke came rolling out of your place, and you do not have butt hanging from your mouth.Ideally your mouth / and body would not be smelling of smoke.I have been with SP's that do smoke, but can mask the smell by excellent hygiene prior to the date.Thats my take on it..

don't matter to me if you smoke or not, prefer not in my presence... but I have to say, smelling/tasting it on you is a definite turn-off for me.... just my 2cents worth

Thanks so much - that's helpful feed-back. :)

I agree, the smell of cigarette smoke to a non-smoker is nauseating.

Oh my goodness! The idea of turning up at the door in a cloud of smoke is most unappealing. Did that really happen to you? Oy vay. Did you complain????

If I were a client encountering that sort of reception, frankly I would simply walk the other way. What a terrible first impression!

Understandably, however, if you did decide to stay and enjoy certain other "attributes" about the individual, and looked past such, let's call it what it is -- low rent behaviour -- your best alternative was to either "vote with your feet" and not visit the SP again, or post your honest impression during the course of a review, or complain to the agency -- or all three!

Helpful Constructive Criticism

Gentlemen, it isn't necessary to be mean-spirited or unnecessarily harsh, but if you felt it was a major turn-off, then I think it is important for the lady to hear about it somehow.

I'm a REAL big fan of complaining .... in an emotionally mature way. I've found that it produces some amazing results if done properly.

I realize this isn't always a "mature-minded" business, however, CERB is a very good and reputable forum that has been around a long time. It appears that your opinions matter. As an SP, I certainly follow threads and take things to heart. You're teaching me!

Standards of Service

Respecting the rights of the client -- first and foremost -- is where it's at, no matter what business you're in. :)

Undesireable behaviour, such as smoking in the presence of a non-smoking client is disrespectful. It quite simply shouldn't be tolerated.

It is not the mark of good service in a girl friend experience, unless you happen to like a girlfriend who smokes. :p

Expectations either have to be understood by means of service standards, or conveyed as a matter of course when requesting service.

In the absence of a "standard" (I'm big on standards) -- then I guess we all should be honest and clearly communicate about expectations. I communicate individually with clients about my nasty habit and the measures I go to so that it isn't a problem for them.

The only reason I even raise it in my information package is that for some people who are extremely sensitive and have allergies, which even the most careful preparation will not mitigate, I feel it is only fair.

If I had a severe peanut allergy and Dairy Queen didn't tell me there were nuts in my sundae and I had a serious reaction, well...you get the picture.

Helping to Raise the Bar

As Canadians, I feel that we are often far too polite and afraid to complain when we receive poor service. You can and should be insisting on better standards of service. Gentlemen, it isn't wrong to complain when you're the paying customer.

Personal Opinion

My feeling is this: if clients will share their honest impressions, in a safe open forum such as this, which is not meant to demean but rather (hopefully) to educate and inform, then together we can create a better industry as a whole, that is service-driven by the customers' wishes and preferences.

Last Word

If some ladies aren't getting that this is a service-driven industry where best practice counts, they don't deserve your business.

Respectfully,

Jillian

Oh my goodness! The idea of turning up at the door in a cloud of smoke is most unappealing. Did that really happen to you? Oy vay. Did you complain????

If I were a client encountering that sort of reception, frankly I would simply walk the other way. What a terrible first impression!

No this did not happen to me..it was a fiqure of speech..but if it did...I WOULD BE RUNNING THE OTHER WAY...LMAO..

I am an SP in Calgary and I too am a non-smoker, drug-free and I only drink on rare occasions. I post it on my website. I post that info to let guys know what to expect from me and what I expect from them as well.

My advice is to always read a lady's website thoroughly for information and if you can't find the info there, then ask her directly.

Hugs & kisses!

Sassy and Classy Carole ;)

Guest HotStuffHeidi

I actually don't smoke.

I put it in advertising and that IS how I live my life.

smoke kinda bothers me.

Guest LilaTraviata

I do not smoke, and never have. I prefer clients who don't smoke, but as long as they are not actively smoking when we are spending time together, I'm ok. When I get a bigger clientelle, I will be a bit more picky, but you gotta start somewhere!