The traditional North American winter holiday season is upon us, and the giving of gifts is always appreciated. I dropped into my regular dance club on Friday and passed out some Victoria's Secret gift cards to my favourite ladies. They were very appreciative. I mean, who doesn't like presents? I kept one in reserve in case someone surprises me. Ho Ho Ho.

What do you like to give or receive at this, or ANY time of year?

I was trying to sell my girls on the idea of online wishlists. You can put up links to very specific items, so if someone wanted to buy you a nice bra/panties set, or some shoes, or a nice handbag, they could get the exact size, make, material, and colour you wanted. All you'd need to do after setting it up is have some business cards made up (or mini-cards from moo.com) with that link printed on them and hand them out to anyone who asks. They pay, it gets delivered to you. Hey, make the internet work for YOU for once. Amazon's wishlist system is pretty good, and you can set an alias for your public profile. The address details are hidden for privacy.

• Like 3

Wow so generous! This is an excellent idea for both sides :) as a gentleman, what kind of discreet gifts would you like to receive? Would homemade cookies (nut - free to avoid allergens!) be appropriate? Or gift cards to Starbucks? I'm sure there are clever little ideas you may have that I never would have thought of.

Have a lovely day!

Jade xo

• Like 1

Hey, I love the idea of fresh baked cookies, but just like Halloween, I think that people ought to be leery of unpackaged foods. I'm one of the most trusting guys around, and I'm not sure I'd accept.

Oh, okay. Maybe just one. Thanks. <gulps virtual glass of milk>

Getting return gifts is pretty unheard of, in my experience. I'd love to hear how that goes.

• Like 1

I wish i didn't have to want what I need so I could make a truly indulging list! Santa often forgets my chimney. Yet I always have cookies and milk for him...

I would hope I know what type of things anyone I see regularly might want. I am not fond of gift cards - not personal enough I guess. I prefer to give something that shows I put some thought into it.

Same approach whether its someone here or not.

Homemade cookies are a great idea Jade!

• Like 1

Speaking of gifting, does anyone ever bring flowers anymore? Is that too corny?

Girls love flowers ESP if you get their favourite !!! It's not corny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Okay, one of my regular dancers just bought me a beer. That was nice. It was not only a nice thought but a nice gesture as well. The guys at the surrounding tables were giving me some funny looks, though.

• Like 1

I love flowers but i must admit a whole bouquet for a first encounter would feel really weird (unless its catnip for my cat) but a single stem be it a Gerbera, rose, potted mini pansy or mini orchid would be lovely.

• Like 2