Searching for an Massage Provider

As a member of CERB I use the board as a tool in trying to pick out new or different massage providers. As a creature of habit, when I find one that I feel comfortable with I tend to stay loyal to her.

There are many things I take into consideration: the location of the MP's studio, access, is it in a discrete location? Is it clean, cozy and warm with an ambience? Are there shower facilities with clean towels? Is the MP a warm genuine person with your interests at heart and wanting to create an experience just for you?

The type and quality of the massage is important to me as well.

Lets be honest, are you just there for the "eye candy" and the mileage?

Does it matter to you if the MP is actually an RMT or not? Is a licence important and is it a criteria in making a decision as to who to deal with?

As a member I would like to know whats important to you about selecting an MP? Is a licence important? is it looks and appearance? the Studio and location?

What is that one deciding factor in choosing an MP.

Rodehard

Edited by Rodehard
spelling

Rodehard, my 2 cents:

1) I look for the quality of the massage, I've found that you don't have to be an RMT to give a good massage.

2) Sensuality and personality is the second most important piece that must be present.

3) The overall experience, including location, cleanliness, shower, discreetness and friendliness.

I tend to have a few favourite independents as well as my preferred spas. If I'm able to book a few days in advance I'll often go the independent route (been a while Megan); for same day or last minute appointments I'll call one of my favourite spas. A new one was just added and I've started looking for the best experience from this spa that was previously on the DNR list. Now 3 spas to choose from; geez it's great to live in Ottawa ;)

CERB is a great tool and I'd be lost without it; found some gems through here.. Megan comes to mind. You might think I have Megan on my mind and you'd be right.

Hope that helps!

Edited by mmad
yahoo, just realized this is my 69th post.

Happy 69th Post mmad!

Thanks for the input!

Yes you are right, Ottawa is a great place to live and now with some new venues to sample, it could get even better............

Rodehard

My first priority is whether there's a shower. No shower is the deal breaker for me. It indicates dirty customers, dirty rooms and dirty MPAs.

Second most important decision is the looks or sexiness of the MPA. If she isn't attractive/turns me on, no amount if jackhammering will get me finished :)

Third is the quality of the massage. I like firm massages. In fact my ideal is a Chinese style with a lot of weight into it, but sadly most Asian MPs find some way to rip you off (b&s or shortchange on time).

Price is the last consideration, but I will glad hand money over for the perfect massage experience.

Posted via Mobile Device

Well said Poolasaurus. I agree completely, no shower is a deal breaker. One of the better MAs in town recently relocated to a place without a shower. My visits stopped and will only resume if/when a shower is installed. I also look for a firm massage and there are plenty of ladies that give an excellent one! Sexiness is nice but not necessary for me, as long as we connect. No sexiness and no connect = no repeat.

Edited by mmad
spelling

Interesting thread. I, for one, always visit MPs after leaving from home where I take a shower prior to the visit. Having worked in the service industry before, I have come to believe that in fact, shared showers are actually dirtier than none! The idea of taking a shower at a place where god-knows-who (including me!) just showered there... makes me uncomfortable. So, the whole shower thing is not a major criteria for me.

Neither is 'sexiness', in fact. What I look for is a discreet location (where everyone that sees me enter a place doesn't know what I am there for) and a solid massage. Endings are great, but I really do need to enjoy the massage.

Just my 2 cents...

All independents I know, including myself, clean the shower after each client. The massage oil sticks to the tub making it dirty very quickly, and it's also slippery. It's unsafe if you don't clean it after each client!