How Sex Work and Birth Work go hand in hand

Great post Lilith! :)

It is really weird how people don't see the connection. It's like they think we are all clones or something. Almost all of us are here because two people fucked and had a good time doing it. I think your focus on both sex and birth makes you more knowledgeable and better at both with more complete knowledge even of the anatomy of a woman. I'd bet you know more about vulvas and vaginas than any OB.

• Like 1

Great post Lilith! :)

It is really weird how people don't see the connection. It's like they think we are all clones or something. Almost all of us are here because two people fucked and had a good time doing it. I think your focus on both sex and birth makes you more knowledgeable and better at both with more complete knowledge even of the anatomy of a woman. I'd bet you know more about vulvas and vaginas than any OB.

Why thank you! I mean, I would hope an OB has a highly in-depth and medical knowledge of vaginas, uteri and forth LOL, but I do have a very different perspective that I would say is equally beneficial. Thank you for taking the time to read and respond! xo

• Like 1

Why thank you! I mean, I would hope an OB has a highly in-depth and medical knowledge of vaginas, uteri and forth LOL, but I do have a very different perspective that I would say is equally beneficial. Thank you for taking the time to read and respond! xo

They have what I would call technical knowledge - book learning. OBs are surgeons so most of them have the "man with a hammer" syndrome. They only have one solution to every issue - surgery. I spent most of my time defending against unnecessary interventions during the birth of my 3 little ones. We got lucky and had a progressive OB, but wow did we have to work to have a natural birth with no drugs despite there being no issues. Every intervention slammed the brakes on - even the Pitocin shot meant to kick things into gear. Laying her down on her back in a bed slammed the brakes on the process.

If I knew then what I know now I'd go home birth.

It's not the doc's fault, it's the systems problem - when the male medical establishment took over the birthing process and pushed out the midwives a tremendous amount of knowledge was lost. Much of the modern medical "knowledge" is filtered through the lens of men and seems designed more for their convenience than the way women's bodies actually work. Women like you are helping to reclaim some of that critical female knowledge and it is very valuable for women, families, and society. Thank you.

• Like 1

They have what I would call technical knowledge - book learning. OBs are surgeons so most of them have the "man with a hammer" syndrome. They only have one solution to every issue - surgery. I spent most of my time defending against unnecessary interventions during the birth of my 3 little ones. We got lucky and had a progressive OB, but wow did we have to work to have a natural birth with no drugs despite there being no issues. Every intervention slammed the brakes on - even the Pitocin shot meant to kick things into gear. Laying her down on her back in a bed slammed the brakes on the process.

If I knew then what I know now I'd go home birth.

It's not the doc's fault, it's the systems problem - when the male medical establishment took over the birthing process and pushed out the midwives a tremendous amount of knowledge was lost. Much of the modern medical "knowledge" is filtered through the lens of men and seems designed more for their convenience than the way women's bodies actually work. Women like you are helping to reclaim some of that critical female knowledge and it is very valuable for women, families, and society. Thank you.

Oh yes, I'm more than aware! I'm a strong advocate for midwifery care and have done extensive research into the over-medicalization of birth. I only mean to say that we can critique OB's on a lot of things, but their vagina knowledge is not generally one of them. Their analysis lacks depth and nuance, but their knowledge is certainly not lacking.

• Like 1