A Few Suggestions for 2011

New Year's resolutions are lucky if they last until Valentine's Day, but here are a few rules I'll have in mind this year. Live well and true. Play nice with others and live every moment with friend and family like it's the last (it could be). Stand up for yourselves and for the guy who can't because some day the roles may be reversed. Never get pushed around but think things through instead of losing your temper. Live and let live, trying not to judge. Treat the ladies on CERB like the angels they are, many of us are better off for having met most of them (I know I am). Look for joy because life isn't worth living otherwise and try to leave the world a little bit better when you go to bed.

Have a Safe and Happy New Year's CERB. See you in 2011.

• Like 9

Thanks LD for the good advice. Anytime I read one of your posts (ok most of the times he he) I re-confirm the great guy you are. Have an awesome 2011. Will take advantage of your thread to wish a HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

New Year's resolutions are lucky if they last until Valentine's Day, but here are a few rules I'll have in mind this year. Live well and true. Play nice with others and live every moment with friend and family like it's the last (it could be). Stand up for yourselves and for the guy who can't because some day the roles may be reversed. Never get pushed around but think things through instead of losing your temper. Live and let live, trying not to judge. Treat the ladies on CERB like the angels they are, many of us are better off for having met most of them (I know I am). Look for joy because life isn't worth living otherwise and try to leave the world a little bit better when you go to bed.

Edited by Isabella Gia (Banned)
spelling

This is a wake up call kind of post, thank you so much!

Guest al****s

Never judge a book by its cover. We have no idea what a person's life is really like and until we walk a mile in their shoes (which rarely happens) we have no right to assume anything about anyone.

If you're not treated the way you feel you should be treated it's likely because of the way you treat others. You get what you give.

What comes around goes around. The Wheel of Karma can be a bitch, but it can also be very rewarding.

The universe works in mysterious ways. If you put positive vibes out there, there's a better chance positivity will embrace your life.

Pay it forward. Let someone in front of you in a long line of traffic, let the mom with a crying baby cut in line in the grocery store, pay for the cute guys/girls coffee in line behind you at Tim Hortons (hehe).

Do your very best not to be hypocritical. No one likes a hypocrite. Say what you believe and believe what you say. When giving advice to someone, make sure its advice you'd follow yourself.

Treasure the hearts of those that are close to you. Don't take your loved ones for granted as you never know how long you will have them. Don't be afraid to say "I love you".

alexis...xoxo

All above sounds like me too.

Don't judge, who here or anywhere can say they are better than someone else

If on a bus/subway, be a gentleman, give up your seat to a lady

Common courtiesies (hold the door, letting someone into traffic, saying please, thank you etc.)

Bad things happen in life, try to let go of any hate/anger (sometimes very hard)

and instead move on with your life. Overall you'll find yourself a happier person

Just a few more thoughts to add to the great thoughts already posted

RG