I guess I would call myself a shopper, lol.

This gives me the opportunity to get a feel for the lady. If she wants to book quickly, that reflects how my time with her will be spent...In and out.

However, if she takes the times to chat back and forth a few times, she also grabs my attention. And, I'm not talking about the ladies that reply a week later.

I have found a sweet, petite lady that I have seen a few times now. We keep in touch at least once per week. She sends me notes in various ways. She lets me know when she'll be in town, so I could book in advance. She has never hassassed me in any way, and I appreciate the personnel updates!

I got a little off topic, but wanted everyone to know, that once you confirm a date, "Stick too it"! It works both ways!

Additional Comments:

I also fully accept and agree with The General ! Great point!

It has happened several times and I wonder if there is a way out of those situations:

I do not advertise often, only when a re-scheduling or cancellation occurs and I have available time.

It happened this last Saturday when the weather did not help for a client who was coming from a long distance city to visit me.

I placed an ad and I had a couple of responses asking for details.

I answered and NEVER HEARD AGAIN A WORD. Of course, this is not new, I am sure other SP's have had the same issue and I would love to hear how they handle it.

I just was waiting for an answer and did not want to respond to anyone else apart from these 2 gentlemen because I gave them the only 2 hours I had allocated for the day. If I entertained another request I would be in a situation that did not want to be: having the demand surpassing the availability of time.

Of course, is Murphy's Law, and I had the other requests....I told those gentlemen that I did not have time.

Results? none of my 2 hours were used.

I guess good manners are in demand.

Any input?

I do not want to be accused of "emailing for services". Then, I did not address those men again asking them if they were coming or not. I just waited and wasted two hours.

There is no need to mention names.

It would be nice to hear some of your thoughts on this

Thanks

LoraLee

It could have been worse.

It could have been an outcall with no one home. Travel there & back, time wasted, etc.

It could be even worse than that.

I know someone that used to do in home repair service calls. One time, he met two other service men from two other companies in the lobby of an apartment building, all for the same unit. They were all called, and whoever showed up first was going to get the job. In this case, they all left.

Some people only think of themselves.