What do you make of this ?

I'm a bit new to the scene, so perhaps this happens fairly often or maybe someone can let me know. Last Saturday I contacted a great looking SP and left word I'd like to see her. She texted back she was available at the time we agreed to and to just confirm. I tested back - said great, asked where and what to bring. And then nothing ? I texted twice more, called her # but only got voicemail and sent a PM on CERB. Still have not heard back. I was worried that something could have happened to her, but had no way to contact her. Still wondering - did I say, do something wrong - or does this happen fairly often? Bewildered in Barrhaven.

Guest jake_cdn

Not sure ... this is not typical of the people on Cerb, both Sps and Hobbyists who have respect for proposed meetings.

I believe that almost all of the SPs on this site operate on a first come first served basis. So if someone confirmed with the SP you cannot blame her for taking that.

On the other hand there is no excuse for being rude and not contacting you one way or the other. It is a matter of mutual respect.

Having said that I hope that it is simply a misunderstanding and that everything is okay with the SP

I agree this isn't very common (that communication just stops) but the confirmation step is pretty important. These ladies get a lot of communications, so it may have been an honest mistake.

However, if you communicated, received a reply and you followed up for the communication within a reasonable period of time (ie, within hours if the appt. is within a day or two and immediately if the appointment is later in the day), its not right that you didn't at least get a reply with either a cofirm or regrets.

If it was me, I'd try politely PMing the lady here and see if you can set something up. I bet you get a reply. If you dont, find another lovely lady here and move on. If you get a reply, and a confirm, and she's a no-show (very unlikely), post again here and follow up.

Good luck and welcome!

It happens from time to time, you just chalk it up to circumstance and forget about it. Definitely sucks when it looks like you have something lined up, but if you send a response and get no answer, leave it at that and go with Plan B.

Some girls do operate on the first confirmed basis and may find it too time consuming to go back to any others that were in the 'pool'. It will end up hurting them in the end since that pool will eventually shrink over time.

Real life emergencies come into play as well, but more often than not it's this type of scenario.

One would think that in today's age of electronic communication devices that a response or reply back to you would have been considered "good manners".

I am sure that if the SP in question had responded and said that something changed, an emergency or whatever that you would have thought that the SP was considerate, filed her away in your memory bank and moved on to someone else or "Plan B".

I have dealt with a number of SP's and MP's through CERB and have never had communication problems of any kind. I even had one contact me to ask if she could postpone our appointment as "a long lost friend had just dropped in"..............................

I think that you got passed over for a better deal, get over it and move on as some of the other posts have suggested.

In closing I would think that this would never happen when dealing with the "older and established members of CERB". One has to remember that there are a lot of "new members" or SP's and MP's advertising with CERB that have yet to prove themselves, this way of dealing and not communicating with clients will only hurt them in the long run!

Rodehard

I'm new to this too. Had the same sort of thing happen, though. Either I'm saying something patently stupid, which is possible, or some ladies are busy and lose track. It's understandable, but frustrating. I'm still working on setting up my first appointment! :S

OK thanks for the feedback folks - very wise advise from those more experienced at thsi than me. As it turns out I did hear back from the SP on Wednesday (appointment was for last Saturday) - she had an emergency and couldn't communicate with anyone until yesterday. So I give her a pass - she had a real emergency and these things happen.

When you think about it though, these independent SP's are really trying to manage their own small business within some pretty tricky parameters and using technology that is great if you have access, but sucks if for some reason you don't. Not sure in my case, but say the SP had 5 or 6 appointments booked - all via email and text message and got sick (or lost her BB/cell phone). She wouldn't know the clients real names and if she was unable to use technology (eg hospital) she has no real way of (a) contacting her immediately booked client (b) informing her future booked clients © keeping in touch with future opportunities. Then she has to worry about getting better so that she can get her income stream going again. Ideally they have a partner that can assist - but that isn't always easy.

Hopefully someone is giving these gals a hand with their financial planning because as we all know sh** happens.

Thanks again for listening.