Favorite snacks from childhood

At first I was thinking Gold Rush nuggets of bubblegum in a cloth bag, gold and grape, then candy necklaces, Lik-a-made stiks, and Bazooka bubble gum (grew up in the 70's)

But then I realized that "snacks" meant something more substantial, like the aftorementioned Elephant pink popcorn or roast chicken chips and top it off with a Vachon Jos.Louis or Half Moon or some Chips Ahoy or Fudgee-o's cookies.

Now that's good eatin'!

We didn't have alot of money so we sucked on pennies, and it was divine....

Guess I wasn't as poor as you. I sucked on nickles.. j/k I don't really get it. :icon_confused:

I'd be surprised if anyone knew what the heck it is but I was a sucker for...Ironed Toast. Yup. Just as it reads. Ironed Toast. White bread pressed down flat with a hot iron until golden brown and just slightly crispy. Slathered with butter, about half a loaf...Utterly unbelievable. My mouth waters as I type.

Guest s****i*
Guess I wasn't as poor as you. I sucked on nickles.. j/k I don't really get it. :icon_confused:

It was because pennies have a coppery taste and I enjoyed it, it didn't fill you but it was something... I also had a battery that was good for licking. It was well, nevermind... It's not something I still do.