Pooner Diaries: Pretty One

(originally posted 31 Jan 2009)

We finally meet, my pretty one.

You met me at your door, clad in your best and most diaphanous. Your eyes opened wide, it was finally, finally your turn to meet me. I can see at a glance that your hair is just so, your makeup is perfect as you grin at me.

You chirp cheerfully as you take my coat and offer me a drink. You gush on, how glad you are that I am finally here. Your rich chestnut eyes glitter up at me, your smile gleams. My goodness, you really are pretty.

We sip our drinks as we settle on the sofa. You chat. In a few minutes, a trace of puzzlement crosses your eyes. I'm a little shyer and quieter than you had expected. Well, you've seen shy before. Your hand strokes my chest as you ask how my day was. I look down at my feet.

I'm not shy, pretty one. Quite the contrary, in fact. But I've come here because I've saved you as a special treat for a day like today.

I'm in a funk. This is one of those days where a shadow is over my soul, a dark cloud above me. The dark cloud isn't just the leaden winter sky, but life itself casting its shadow over me as it is deals me a losing hand. But I can't tell you that. I can't burden just any stranger with the way I really feel, least of all you.

I can see concern starting to flicker across your pretty face. You want so badly to impress me. You don't know that you already have, my pretty, or I wouldn't be here right now. You want so much to please me. You want to make me feel good. Maybe you even hope that I'll smile on you with my words later.

I can see that you are trying harder now. I can see that you're just about ready to try anything, to say anything to bring me to the world of sunshine and blue skies.

You can't, my pretty. I already know that you're going to be wonderful, but I also know that you can't perform miracles. You can't clear up the mess that is my life, you can't straighten this twisted and rutted road that I'm on. And more than anything else, you can't become her. All you can do is help me forget for a little while. To take my mind off of. And perhaps I can even close my eyes and imagine for just a moment that I'm with her.

You open your mouth, and I know you'll say something foolish in a moment. I kiss you then, before you can say more. I rise, and take your hand. Let's go, pretty one.

• Like 3

Another well wrtitten piece, Birdboy. A wide range of emtions being portrayed both overtly and subtly. Your artistic prose shines forth once again as the erotic meets dramatic. :bigclap:

This is my favorite story so far.

Amazing!

I agree, Cindy.

Thanks, Birdboy.

Thank you, Cindy and Cato. This is one of my favorite places to post!

Another well wrtitten piece, Birdboy. A wide range of emtions being portrayed both overtly and subtly. Your artistic prose shines forth once again as the erotic meets dramatic. :bigclap:
Ah, Mutau. Your eloquence so wonderfully expresses the depth of appreciation you have for my tales, yet again. Thank you! :icon_cool: