Jude masso : Need some advice from clients

I am living outside of town since 3 months and i noticed that just coming to the office when i am booked is hard to do. Alot of clients are calling me too much at the very last minute. I noticed that Things are not really working. So i decided to be at the office no matter what but change my hours. I decided to put those hours for now, but i want some clients opinions. Do i need more mornings hours or evening hours?

Monday 12-6pm

Tuesday 11am-8pm

Wednesday 11am-8pm

Thursday 3pm-9pm

Friday 12pm-6pm

Saturday 12-5pm (sometimes off)

Jude

http://www.judemasso.webs.com

Hello, your hours seem quite reasonable to me, perhaps until 9pm Wed, instead of 8pm, and making Sat "By Appointment Only" instead of indicating "sometimes off" in order to give you flexibility -- but you know your business best.

I experienced the same thing as you, and committing to be at my studio certain hours has worked wonders for me. When I don't have a client, there are many others things I can do like laundry, cleaning, read a book, etc.

I think the hours you've posted are good. They are varied which is great. From my experience, daytime, especially mornings, are always the business.

Good luck!

Hello, your hours seem quite reasonable to me, perhaps until 9pm Wed, instead of 8pm, and making Sat "By Appointment Only" instead of indicating "sometimes off" in order to give you flexibility -- but you know your business best.

maybe you are right for saturdays to make it by appointment... Ill consider your opinion.

Additional Comments:

I experienced the same thing as you' date=' and committing to be at my studio certain hours has worked wonders for me. When I don't have a client, there are many others things I can do like laundry, cleaning, read a book, etc.

I think the hours you've posted are good. They are varied which is great. From my experience, daytime, especially mornings, are always the business.

Good luck![/quote']

I never know, if mornings are busier or evenings, this varies often. The problem now in the morning is that i am 35 min from town and by the time i get ready and drive thats like 1.5 h of my time. So very last minute in the mornings never works.To be honest i am not a morning person. I think in my case its afternoon between 12 till 3pm the busiest or in better terms more convenient for me. And once in a while i like working really late, my mental is more relax at night.

But it feels good that i am not alone :)

Jude

You know yourself and what works for you better than anyone else. The hours you have listed provides a lot of choice for your clients. If you are not a morning person so be it. If you do want to make yourself available for the occasional morning then simply state that mornings are only available when booked in advance and then you won't feel rushed. Good luck!

Cheers, WT

I decided to keep my hours, except that Mondays and saturdays will be by appointments.

Tuesdays to friday 11am-8pm.

In a way those hours are possiblities of bookings. When i book 4 clients in a day I close no matter what. I rarely do 5. I need to keep in shape for the next day :)

SPECIAL : I have a special for new clients for the month of february and march (and it will maybe go till may). Go check it out!

Jude

I like that sched the most. There's uniformity to it, so it's easier to remember! Good for you, I'm sure it will help you and your customers!!

Jude, does your studio have a shower now?

No, my studio has no shower... yet. Not sure if i want one.

IMHO, I think you will get more bookings if your studio has a shower. Most guys in general prefer going to a place that they can take a shower before and after. Seems to be the first question most people ask when it comes to a booking no matter what the place is.

Not sure whether your landlord won't allow you to have a shower installation or it is a money issue. If it is a money issue, you may want to approach some of your clients to buy some massage time with you up front that they can cash in later whenever they want. Just offer them a small discount. I personally don't mind doing that and helping you a bit if it means we can have the convenience of a shower. If it is a landlord issue, you should really look into another spot.

It makes a repeated booking decision with you much easier especially for those of us that come from work directly without getting home first.

Just my $0.02.

No, my studio has no shower... yet. Not sure if i want one.

Guest s**nflute

I find it very good of you Jude to look for feedback, I like your proposed schedule, especially on Saturdays when it is most convenient for me. I have not yet book with you, however with your new schedule, it makes more realistic.

Keep in mind that no matter when up run a business, there will always be down time and busy times and you can't please everyone at once.

Bon Courage, looking forward to see you soon!!

IMHO, I think you will get more bookings if your studio has a shower. Most guys in general prefer going to a place that they can take a shower before and after. Seems to be the first question most people ask when it comes to a booking no matter what the place is.

Not sure whether your landlord won't allow you to have a shower installation or it is a money issue. If it is a money issue, you may want to approach some of your clients to buy some massage time with you up front that they can cash in later whenever they want. Just offer them a small discount. I personally don't mind doing that and helping you a bit if it means we can have the convenience of a shower. If it is a landlord issue, you should really look into another spot.

It makes a repeated booking decision with you much easier especially for those of us that come from work directly without getting home first.

Just my $0.02.

The shower thing is not a money issue at all or a landlord permission either. Me and my landlord talked about it already and he is totally okay with it. its just that I worked without and then WITH a shower and i think i prefer without.

A shower brings more laundry and I have to place more time between clients. I do not have a waiting room, so i have to make sure clients have their total privacy. If I do decide to installed a shower, the time will be count starting in the shower.

I do not have a lease where I am located, and I am not sure if i want to stay in vanier area for a long period of time. I am too sponteneous as a person and I never know about my personal project and changes in life, thats the other reasons why I did not installed a shower yet.

Attached men need to shower to remove any residual passion smells and perfume.

I prefer a shower before so I am clean. Not attached so an after is not as important.

But without a shower I would be concerned about your cleanliness. Most places I frequent allow extras where cleanliness is important. I would not go to a place without one.

I am a regular customer of Jude. Her place is very clean and neat.

Since there is no shower on the premises, I simply make sure to take a shower at home before the visit. It should also be noted that there is a washroom that can be used to tidy up before and after.

Attached men need to shower to remove any residual passion smells and perfume.

I prefer a shower before so I am clean. Not attached so an after is not as important.

But without a shower I would be concerned about your cleanliness. Most places I frequent allow extras where cleanliness is important. I would not go to a place without one.

Being clean and having a shower is 2 different thing. Does not mean that a massage place have a shower that the place itself and that the masseuse itself are clean. But if thats your own philosophy so be it.

I am aware that most of my clients are attached. And thats why i use unscented products all the time. I have a toilet and a sink, so guys can clean themselves with towels before and after the session.

In a way, i think its an excuse to not go to a massage place because they dont have a shower. My busiest time was without a shower (when i was located in Hull). If the masseuse has good hands, if thats what you are looking for, you wont care about the shower. Thats my philosophy !!!

Jude

Additional Comments:

I am still considering a shower...I will wait till June to see whats happening... dont get confused with the last message I posted.

Just having other projects in mind that I need to figure out.

I can see the points-of-view about the shower, but I agree with you, Jude. It would be a 'nice to have' but really, if the service is not good, the customer won't return. In fact, there are a number of RMTs who do just fine with a portable massage table, and themselves, since it is their skills at massage therapy that sells them on the customer.

In addition to having skills, the location is most important to me. I mean not only a clean studio, but an attractive space in a nice building and decent neighborhood. I won't go into any place that feels seedy or low rent if you know what I mean. That's just me.

I have been to Judes place and let me tell you it has a great atmospere, it is very nice and clean. The building is nice and the neighbourhood is fine.

I think you are missing out on a great MP in Jude. She is sexy, intelligent, friendly and professional.

my advice is that you should try a session with her, your worries won't materialize I am sure.

I'd love to see Jude. Just adding to the commentary on what's important to different folks, shower... etc. Not picking on Jude in particular.