85 yr ole hockey player

I heard a story, on the radio this morning, of an 85 year old man out East somewhere who is still playing hockey. He plays on a community team with men much younger than he is.

Some of his fellow players who were interviewed stated that this fellow was a damn good hockey player too.

He was told in 1962 that he was too old to play anymore, but, he wasn't buying itl

The sport has kept him in shape. He also volunteers mowing the lawn of a couple of cemeteries and he uses a push mower, which, I can attest to being good exercise!

I personally have a friend who is 90 and teaches skiing. He was also told he was finished at 60 and he decided otherwise. Went on pain meds and hit the slopes again. He is a very active man:))

There is a ski hill near my home and many of the volunteers are in their 70s and 80s.

The thing is, if you keep going at what you are doing and don't retire to the couch, you can keep your body in terrific shape.

I have another 'friend' who is 85 and ballroom dances. He moves like a 50 year old.

These people are my inspiration. Whenever I feel like crap I think of how they persevere. I might add that people in that age group are a tough lot and went through a war etc...

Anyway, food for thought

Great encouragement, determination to succeed and impressive will power....

I have a client 80 years old....he dances with me and laughs and moves all the time. He works part time for entertainment as a volunteer and takes singing lessons that could not afford in his previous years....just amazingly wonderful lover and can pick up a stone from the floor with his smile!

Bravo for all of them!!!

loralee

There was an article in the news a few weeks ago about a group of men in their 70's who play a game of pickup soccer every week in Vancouver. I hope I am capable of joining them in about 20 years.

Guest W***ledi*Time
I heard a story, on the radio this morning, of an 85 year old man out East somewhere who is still playing hockey ...

This is probably "Captain Hook" Campbell of Sydney River, Nova Scotia, who still plays 70 games a year - more than 65 years after he played for the Sydney Millionaires. Campbell will be featured in a profile on today's "Hockey Day in Canada" on CBC television.

I heard another one about a fellow who is a goalie in Vancouver. He is 77 years old.

Nice to know that life isn't over after 40 regardless of what media seems to want us to believe.

Not long ago I went to town and had dinner with a friend. We decided to go dancing afterward but could not find a place where the 30-40 somethings would go.

Every club was devoted to the younger set, which, is great. I was a younger set once too.

I find the West Coast to be a very ageist society. Once you are past 29 you are on the shelf.

So, these guys are my heroes, oh, and the 92 year old lady I know that walks like a 22 year old and still ballroom dances.

This is taking place in Ottawa right now.

The Beaver Cup kicks off on Dow's Lake Friday and our sister station CHEZ 106 is entering their "Hosers" team for the 2nd year in a row.

And this year's honorary captain is 84-year-old Doug Palmer.

He said he's played much of his life. He played as a child up until he was 21 and picked it up again when he retired at 60 and he still plays every week.

He says his skating is his biggest asset, even against men younger than him.

"There's not that many young guys, you know they're I've played with some over 60," he said.

"But now I'm playing mostly with the over-70 group."

He says he'll play right wing at the cup but he's played all the positions at different times.

He was drafted to the hosers after his son put him up for it and he thinks the team has a good shot at taking the cup this year.

The first game is at 8 Friday and the "Hosers" will play again Saturday.

The playoffs, if they make it, are on Sunday.

So head out to Dow's Lake this weekend for a skate and to cheer on the boys in support of the Make A Wish Foundation.

My clients are mostly men over the age of 50. I have a few regulars who are in their 70s, in terrific health and still going strong in every way. :bigclap:

Honestly, they're terrific lovers. They're happy to take their time and are very giving, erotically. One, in particular, seems almost to turn me inside out whenever we meet. He's fabulous at the psychological side of things in ways that enhance the physical beyond description, for me.

Take care of your health, gentlemen. Stop smoking. Get plenty of regular, aerobic exercise, lose those 20 pounds you've been complaining about for years, eat a good, healthy diet, get plenty of sleep and avoid unnecessary stress. You'll be so glad that you did. You'll live a longer, healthier, sexier life!