Sign in to follow this  

The city of Brandon launches petition for WestJest Airline service

While doing some research, as I am planning my first visit to Brandon, I came across Brandon's City Hall's website and thought I should post the link because of the online petition available to us.

I would much rather be flying to Brandon than have to land in Winnipeg and hop on the shuttle for a 2.5/3 hour ride! I am most positive it would be way more convenient for anyone who has to go in and out of Brandon too.

[URL]http://www.brandon.ca/public-notices/496-city-launches-online-petition-for-westjet-service[/URL]

"The City of Brandon has launched an online petition using the website, Change.org, to help convince WestJet to choose Brandon as one of the markets for its proposed new regional air carrier service. WestJet employees have overwhelmingly endorsed managementâ??s plans to launch a regional subsidiary that will start short-haul flights in 2013.

[B]The petition can be viewed and signed by clicking [/B][URL="http://chn.ge/y5BJkV"][COLOR=#0066cc][B]here[/B][/COLOR][/URL][B].[/B]

The petition encourages people who â??regularly fly for business, board and committee work, event attendance or leisure travelâ? to add their name to the online document, which references Brandon and southwestern Manitoba as a perfect market for the services that could be provided by the smaller aircraft being proposed by WestJet.

â??As WestJet continues to weigh its options for expanding air service into smaller regional markets, Brandon needs to do everything it can to prove it is a contender,â? Decter Hirst said. â??To convince WestJet that it belongs here, we will need the support of every single person that has ever had to drive out of the region to access air service or pick a family member, friend or business associate up from the airport. We will also need the support of all those across Canada, and even across the globe, who have the potential to use direct air service to Brandon.â?

All signatures collected via the petition will be monitored by Economic Development Brandon, which will then compile the information and present it to WestJet as part of its continued lobbying efforts for service."