Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Toronto man accused of binding, repeatedly raping woman for 5 days

Recommended Posts

Reminder to stay vigilant

[QUOTE]TORONTO â?? A 43-year-old man has been accused of abducting a sex worker at gunpoint and keeping her captive in his Toronto home for five days.

The woman was used as a sex slave before she was able to escape over the Easter weekend, police said.

The brutal ordeal began March 31 when a man approached the 27-year-old woman on the street. After "a business transaction" was negotiated, the woman agreed to go to a home with the man, police said.

"When they arrived, the victim felt uncomfortable with him and wanted to leave," Insp. Joanna Beaven-Desjardins said.

The man then allegedly "produced a handgun, threatened the victim and held her against her will."

Beaven-Desjardins said the woman was "bound with duct tape and handcuffs" for five days and "repeatedly sexually assaulted" and subjected to "some form of ritualistic actions."

While Beaven-Desjardins was unwilling to elaborate on what the woman was forced to endure, she added "he did do things that we are very unfamiliar with."

She said the woman escaped from her abductor on Sunday, fleeing through the front door onto the porch.

"That's when somebody who was walking by heard her screams and called us," Beaven-Desjardins said.

Officers were dispatched to the home, but by the time they arrived, the kidnapper was gone.

The victim was taken to hospital for treatment and has since been released. She is now recovering from her ordeal.

Investigators arrested a suspect on Monday.

A woman who refused to identify herself at the home wouldn't say if she was at the roominghouse while the alleged kidnapping occurred.

She also declined to make any comment about the accused man as she sat on the front porch of the home, across from Leslieville Public School.

"I don't think you should assume everything you were told is fact," the woman said, asking reporters to leave her alone.

Neighbours recounted the scene early Sunday as officers swooped in after a woman, who several witnesses said was only partially clothed and bound by duct tape, emerged from the home screaming.[/QUOTE]

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this