Late night philosophy ...

I heard a colleague say "Work sucks". I say: "Naw. Work doesn't suck. If it did, i'd be a happy man. I'd work 24-7".

Seriously, finding a good place and a good group of people to work with is essential to mental health...

I suck at work... ;)

Does that fit in? Lol!

Yes it does my dear!

So that's why I'm slowly going crazy. :smile:

My solution, an imaginary friend ....

Unless you work night shift by yourself! haha

Haha! See above ...

Seriously, finding a good place and a good group of people to work with is essential to mental health...

I absolutely agree.

i totally agree - i work with about 20 other people and without exception, I like them all. Makes it so much more fun to come in to the office....

I wonder what the ladies would say the ratio of clients they "like" is, versus the ratio they "tolerate"...

If clients are anything like the rest of the world, I assume the ratio of likes to tolerates is pretty low...

I've liked all my clients except one. Screening can really do wonders and getting to know a bit about someone before hand is paramount to a good session.

Posted via Mobile Device

...... "Work sucks". ...........

This depend on your employer as well.

With my previous employer, he was breaking so many labour laws that the supervisor arrange for us to join a union. Things started to change but too slowly, he never said once thank/or show any sort of apprication to any one of us for anything we did. He made us feel we should be paying him to work there. It was bad, really bad. He is now going through empoloyees he is alway hiring, cannot keep anyone other then the new supervisor who backstabed everyone to get the job.

I now work in retail, night shift I am happy where I am raises, year end bonus promotions are all there for me. It sure is nice to be appreacited, told that I am doing "an awsome job", or thank you for your hard work makes a big difference.

I have worked for one bad employer "I will not work for another bad emoloyer".

Good colleagues definitely make the bad parts of work easier to bear. I'm happiest when my colleagues and I respect each other but are informal; are capable at our jobs but still find the funny side of things; are dedicated to what we're doing, yet have full and interesting lives beyond work.

This makes morale soar, because we all like to work with people whose company we enjoy and who we know will support us, not hinder us. It also makes teams work better, because communicating and collaborating works really well amongst a group of people who feel they can really talk to each other honestly, figure out what needs to be done, and then do it.

I tend to change teams fairly often in my line of work, and it's always fun to find the people in a new setting who are open to this kind of atmosphere, and set about building it. Some people just can't shake a weird and needless stiffness and formality at work; you just have to let them be and work around them.