My parents have passed on but I would not mention it.

I wouldn't mention my hobbie (seeing girls) to anyone, not even my friends because they all know my wife.

• Like 1

When I first got involved in this, I was excited! So I bragged to guys at work, told my parents, etc. Then I found out that no one else seemed to really care that I was happy, they either made fun of me for 'having to pay for it' or told me how wicked I was. Me and my mom have been through a lot together, so I thought she would at least be happy for me. Noooo, now everytime she looks at me, she tries to make me feel guilty about it. I don't even feel like I can trust her with my inner thoughts anymore - phooey. That kind of ties into the fact that I no longer share my family's faith, but that's another story. So anyway, yeah. Broadly speaking, people don't really get that this is what I've chosen and it makes me happy.

This sucks, especially since as children many of us are told that we will be loved regardless, and that we can our thoughts.. I find that it's very hard for people to relate or begin to understand something that they know nothing about and have never experienced it. I don't tell others what I do, but if I am flat out asked, I don't lie.. I get looked at much differently after that..I feel for ya

Guest S**a*Q

It's the happiness that I understand, and I wish that my parents understood.

Working for a successful corporation didn't make me happy, but this does.

I get what you are saying... 100%

Now to make them understand :D

When I first got involved in this, I was excited! So I bragged to guys at work, told my parents, etc. Then I found out that no one else seemed to really care that I was happy, they either made fun of me for 'having to pay for it' or told me how wicked I was. Me and my mom have been through a lot together, so I thought she would at least be happy for me. Noooo, now everytime she looks at me, she tries to make me feel guilty about it. I don't even feel like I can trust her with my inner thoughts anymore - phooey. That kind of ties into the fact that I no longer share my family's faith, but that's another story. So anyway, yeah. Broadly speaking, people don't really get that this is what I've chosen and it makes me happy.

As I read the posts here and remember what the OP asked I think a few different thoughts.

I am guessing that running to find the nearest vending machine popping a quarter in turning the knob watch a nice shiny ring drop and running back to you dropping to one knee and pop the question right then and there in public.....is probably is a bad thing. As I am very attached to my head and would really like to keep it on my shoulders this is something to be avoided, no matter how funny it might be to see you turn 6 or 7 shades of red before I loose my life.....LOL

I could not image some lady whom I just met or barely know coming up to me in a line some where giving me a big hug and kiss and profess here undying love for me and/or treating me like a long lost BF whom they have not seen in a while. Boy would that just suck if I am on a fist date .......last date too that happened. What if I am with my parents/ sisters all standing there asking me why they were not introduced to my GF before now, I sure would be pissed in a hurry.

Visions of 2 people talking in a dark alley then heading off to a motel room get busy comes to mind real quick no offence anyone.

I have not told my family that I hobby, but it is really none of there business what I do in my private life, I am an adult and responsible for my own actions. I have a couple of friend know that I hobby and they hobby as well. It is not a topic that we discuss and compare notes on it just...a fact of life.

Living outside the city there is less of a chance that I would run into one of you ladies in public, but if i did I probably would......would .......run.......LOL......if I did anything at all I would just nod my head at you and say G'Day and continue on.

All my close friends know. When I told them they kinda laughed and most knew already without me telling them. Telling ,y friends also got me a duo partner so that was winning in my books. My brother in law also knows because I confide in him but nobody else in my immediate family knows.

Posted via Mobile Device

My mom and sister know and support me. We don't have in-depth discussions about it or anything, but they don't change the subject if I bring it up.

I'm also out to friends, acquaintances, strangers. On the internet. I have personal dating profiles up on a few sites and it clearly states that I work in the sex trade.