Nothing wrong with assuming but some of your comments here come across as you actually know those facts.

With the limited information I don't understand how most assumptions wouldn't be right.

I believe most people here are aware of that which is exactly the reason why specific details are left out.

Another thing;

People talk as if when you post somewhere like in the General Discussion it's trusting and between us -- it is not.

It is public and visible to anyone who checks out the thread/site.

You said it yourself, each situation is different so we don't know if the parents of drlove's ex did mind or not. You are right some ppl don't understand that they should step away but is easier to see all that when we are not in those shoes. Don't forget is not easy to control our emotions and impulses.

but the attention from the ex was not wanted by myself or my parents. Some people don't get hints.

Well I am glad for this post and for the mention of BPD. I have felt very alone in dealing with my situation. Its a good thing CERB is such an open, honest, friendly, helpful and empathetic community that we can freely discuss any

topic and help eachother.

Posted via Mobile Device

I ran into my ex girlfriend at the grocery store the other day. She was there taking her parents out shopping. I said hello and hoped that she was doing well. She seemed surprised to see me, and she obviously still has negative feelings toward me since she did the avoidance thing by hiding in the next aisle over while I was making small talk with her mom and dad. I hoped we would have been on better terms by now, but apparently not. I know I made a few mistakes in the course of our relationship, but what makes it really difficult is that my ex suffers from BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder) so her emotions, thoughts and actions were not always rational either. It's unfortunate, since I was willing to work through our issues - she on the other hand, was not.

Did the feeling resemble anything like the move "When Harry met Sally"?

Harry and Sally bump into Harry's ex!

Funny movie!

With the limited information I don't understand how most assumptions wouldn't be right.

With all due respect, I feel that the opposite is true. Assumptions are just that - assumptions, not facts. I believe one should not make any assumptions until the facts are known. Please go back and re-read my post on page two. I stand by everything I said. Thanks.

Additional Comments:

...I'd be a little creeped out if there person I was trying to get away from (separate from) has now not only run into me, but has decided to make small talk with my parents in the store.

I admit, perhaps the term "making small talk" was not indicative of the way things transpired. It was more along the lines of "exchanging pleasantries." Sorry for the confusion.