Ladies' Political Opinion Poll

For the Ladies - In the Federal Election of 2 May 2011, I intend to vote for:  

14 members have voted

1. 1. For the Ladies - In the Federal Election of 2 May 2011, I intend to vote for:

• Bloc Quebecois
    • Conservative
    • Green
    • Liberal
    • NDP
    • Other Left Wing
    • Other Right Wing
    • None of the Above

Guest W***ledi*Time

For the ladies:

This is a follow-up to the polls I posted after the first week of the Federal election campaign.

I'm curious as to whether Cerbite voting intentions have changed during the campaign, so I'm again asking the question - "In the Federal Election of 2 May 2011, who do you intend to vote for?" I'm going to leave the poll open for five days.

Note that I'm again setting it up as two separate polls - one poll for ladies and one poll for gents. There remain obvious reasons why views might differ between the two, as was shown in the earlier polls.

I'm wondering do more men per capita vote than women, the polls seem to indicate that.

Even though CERB has roughly equal men/women ratio of posters, in reality the overwhelming majority of CERB members are men. It's safe to say that close to 100% of female CERB members post because this is their business and if they don't, they can't solicit clients. However, I'd estimate (this is a total guess) that 10-20% of male members post. I believe that most men are interested in seeking out service providers and have little to no interest in being a part of the community.

However' date=' I'd estimate (this is a total guess) that 10-20% of male members post. I believe that most men are interested in seeking out service providers and have little to no interest in being a part of the community.[/quote']

My recollection (from I-can't-remember-where-I-read-it) is that the lurkers-to-contributors ratio is about 10:1 in most online forums. CERB doesn't strike me as unusual in that respect.

Guest W***ledi*Time

Thanks for voting again, everyone! Following are the comparitive results with the earlier poll, which had been taken in the 1st week of April:

Ladies' Poll results .... 1st week ... This week

Conservatives ............ 10% .......... 0%

Liberal ....................... 25% ......... 14%

NDP ........................... 35% ......... 43%

Green ........................ 10% ......... 14%

Bloc Quebecois ............. 5% ......... 14%

None of the Above ....... 15% ......... 14%

Honestly, lol.. the poll seems closed, but I would be the only conservative voter, only because he is the calmest from what I can tell. But..I will not be voting!

Honestly, lol.. the poll seems closed, but I would be the only conservative voter, only because he is the calmest from what I can tell. But..I will not be voting!

Well laid out. On every level j and that nice girl wins.

Posted via Mobile Device

May I ask why not? I think its our democratic responsibility to vote !! Do you not enjoy the benefits that this democracy has to offer? Health care, education, social programs, RRSP contributions, standard of living?

I think its highly irresponsible to not vote - Yes we live in a democracy where we have the choice to NOT vote of we want BUT, if I were PM, I would make so if you DIDN'T vote, then for the next 4 years, you get nothing from the democracy you chose to NOT participate in - pay for your own health care, pay for your own child's education, pay for your own social programs, you wouldn't be allowed to contribute to your RRSP etc.

But hey... that's just my view. I was unable to participate in this poll as it was already closed - however either Greens or the NDP will be getting my vote.

Julia - I truly hope you will reconsider and do your part in our democracy and VOTE May 2nd.

• Like 1

Some of my friends are anarchists and I respect their choice not to vote. I think that making a point of not participating in what is sometimes viewed as a flawed system is perfectly legitimate. Not voting because you're lazy? That's a different story.

May I ask why not? I think its our democratic responsibility to vote !! Do you not enjoy the benefits that this democracy has to offer? Health care, education, social programs, RRSP contributions, standard of living?

I think its highly irresponsible to not vote - Yes we live in a democracy where we have the choice to NOT vote of we want BUT, if I were PM, I would make so if you DIDN'T vote, then for the next 4 years, you get nothing from the democracy you chose to NOT participate in - pay for your own health care, pay for your own child's education, pay for your own social programs, you wouldn't be allowed to contribute to your RRSP etc.

But hey... that's just my view. I was unable to participate in this poll as it was already closed - however either Greens or the NDP will be getting my vote.

Julia - I truly hope you will reconsider and do your part in our democracy and VOTE May 2nd.

I will not be voting because this poll is closed lol.

Not meant to confuse outside this thread

I have worked for both John Manley and Joe Clark canvassing for support, directing the media,data entry and running errands.

Some of my friends are anarchists and I respect their choice not to vote. I think that making a point of not participating in what is sometimes viewed as a flawed system is perfectly legitimate. Not voting because you're lazy? That's a different story.

Then at least go and spoil your ballot - write on it, "I dont believe in this system - its corrupt and I DEMAND change"

Could you imagine if 40% of the population did that?? they couldn't possibly ignore that and that could open the door to SERIOUS and significant change.

Simply doing nothing perpetuates and facilitates the PROBLEM.

Megan I encourage you to speak to your friends and suggest the option above that I presented as alternative to not voting.

• Like 1

I will not be voting because this poll is closed lol.

Not meant to confuse outside this thread

I have worked for both John Manley and Joe Clark canvassing for support, directing the media,data entry and running errands.

Oh my gosh... lol, I totally misunderstood - I apologize...

I still stand by what I said to anyone who isn't going to vote though... lol

I think that's a good idea. I have considered doing it myself, but I will be voting in centretown for an MP I believe in.

Posted via Mobile Device

Then at least go and spoil your ballot - write on it, "I dont believe in this system - its corrupt and I DEMAND change"

Could you imagine if 40% of the population did that?? they couldn't possibly ignore that and that could open the door to SERIOUS and significant change.

Simply doing nothing perpetuates and facilitates the PROBLEM.

Megan I encourage you to speak to your friends and suggest the option above that I presented as alternative to not voting.

This is a different way of looking at it.

The media has done their part in showing non-voters as citizens that have lost faith in the system and will simply not contribute their vote to avoid disappointment.

Spoiling the ballet? Interesting concept, but with 40% of voters (millions) anti-system fighters would cause uproar?? Looking at it from those that choose not to vote, that huge percent of non-voters have already made an impact and expressed their voice by not saying anything at all, that says a lot about this democracy already.

No matter who is Prime minister, each Prime minister will face challenges and may not be able to fulfill all election promises. I don't believe 4 years is a long enough term to make any real changes. When I clean up my room for instance, it get's messier before it get's cleaner.. with all the sorting, laundry, vacuuming ect..Now if someone messed up my room for me, I'd be lost and it would take me twice as long to put it all back the way it should be before I can go on and redecorate it.

This is a great Country, I love it! I am so thankful for everything this Country has to offer, flaws and all. Funny thought, The Prime Minister should be on the new reality show "Undercover Boss" and find out first hand where changes need to be done.

Additional Comments:

Oh my gosh... lol, I totally misunderstood - I apologize...

I still stand by what I said to anyone who isn't going to vote though... lol

I thought it was cute. You have made good points that I never would have thought of... and I learned them here on Cerb!! Gotta love it!

Additional Comments:

I also respect a choice not to vote, it's what separates Canada, and Canada is a free Country. I like the idea of spoiling the ballet though hehe or mwahahaha

Edited by JuliasUndies