Sluts Don't Cause Rape, Rapists Do: Why "Slutwalks" Are Sweeping the World

Guest tr*****e

Good on the ladies, the cultural mindset found in (most of) mainstream society blames the victim, not the awful perp who should stick to his palms, or learn what NO means!!

I cannot believe that some are so eager to point thier fingers at ANY female! No means No! Not even if they are standing in front of you naked. If they say No, That's what they mean, no questions asked. The women's clothing should never be a factor.

All of us men love to look at women. Lovely creatures they are! The less the Ladies wear, the better they look, lol. Admit it guys.

So, let's stop blaming the ladies, and have a serious look at ourselves Guys!

Absolutely, no means no. I have no qualms with this statement.

However, why do women dress "slutty". I say women because I can't think of a single time I've seen a man dress slutty.

I understand someone dressing up, dressing sexy, good grooming. But I don't understanding young teens and up dressing in mini-skirts that don't go below their rears, with high heels and a crop top and no bra (oh I have seen it walking down the street). Or tight jeans with the thongs hanging out the top.

I love to look at them, but I have seen some that sneer at men who "gawk" or "stare". Sorry, but if it's hot and sexy I think I'd have to admit I'll look.

Touching is a whole other ball game to me. If anyone says no or if the situation feels awkward but they haven't said no I stop. Period.

... why do women dress "slutty". I say women because I can't think of a single time I've seen a man dress slutty...

Montreal held it's SlutWalk on Sunday. Here is the news and video report on the event: "SlutWalk movement comes to Montreal" http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110529/mtl_slutwalk_110529/20110529/?hub=MontrealHome

This may answer your questions. And since you were also interested in seeing men dress slutty, you can see some in the video as well :icon_smile:

Guest C*****tte

This is the speech that the director of Chez Stella (and one of the Montreal organizers of the march) gave to the crowd. Its in French. I am a horrible translator, but I will see if I can write up a summary in English for the Anglophones among us. I think it gives some much need perspective and context for the reason for the outrage over the police man's remarks.

http://www.chezstella.org/stella/?q=marche-des-salopes

Additional Comments:

Another of the speeches...

http://cybersolidaires.typepad.com/ameriques/2011/05/afs-prise-de-parole-lors-de-la-marche-des-salopes.html

This is from the spokesperson from Alliance Féministe Solidaire pour les droits des travailleuses(rs) du sexe (the Feminist Alliance in Solidarity for the Rights of Sex Workers).