New Phone Recommendations - Good quality Android with excellent camera for selfies etc?

Guest ellarose92xx

Hi all!

I'm pretty new to all of this and wanted to know if anyone had any recommendations on good quality Android phones with great cameras?

I'm mainly looking to take pics of myself 😉 but also of things like scenery and of course other stuff when I finally feel comfortable about exploring and travelling again!

My current phone is a Huawei P20 Pro.

Thanks!

Unless having problems with your current phone, I'm not sure upgrading now will give you much benefits.

From what I can read, the Huawei P20 Pro should already give you excellent pictures from the main and selfie cameras. If problems, would recommend looking for software updates and tutorials to set up cameras for optimal performance.

I own a 5 year old Sony Z series phone and was initially disappointed with it until I discovered the default settings seriously limited it's capabilities. I'm still very satisfied with it.

Unless it's more than just a camera problem, I would recommend waiting for the next generation before replacing it.

Here's an article that has rankings of the best Android phones in terms of the camera.

https://www.androidcentral.com/best-android-camera

Here's a similar article but focused on selfies

https://www.androidcentral.com/best-front-facing-camera

Overall the word on the street is the Pixel has had one of the best not Apple cameras and apps on the market for the last couple of years.

The downside (for me) is that it doesn't support a microsd card (last I checked). So you are limited to onboard storage.

Samsung will continue to be my go-to choice mainly due to the microsd card support.

Edited by OldandNerdy