is that the same one with the older ladies going around europe and checking out the brothels, and street workers, and trying to introduce "brothels on wheels"

Guest W***ledi*Time
is that the same one with the older ladies going around europe and checking out the brothels, and street workers, and trying to introduce "brothels on wheels"

I think this is the one RG is referring to:

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=22104

It's still posted for viewing on Global's website:

http://www.globalnews.ca/brothel+project+airs+june+2010/3098310/story.html

An interesting show, but was surprised by the ladies.

First, just having their story carried first in a paper and then Global . Well with the laws being what they are right now, anyone heard of the word discretion. And the media attention led to a on-line petetion, and even the police were interviewed. I know just on those grounds alone, I would avoid that brothel, it would be (if it got off the ground) on the LE radar.

Second. Needing a lawyer to spell out clearly for them the legality (illegality) of a brothel. We can have a debate about the laws all we want, but the laws at this time, all of us, both SP's/Hobbyests should know enough that incalls are not legal

Third. I wasn't surprised at the bank (credit union) turning them down. Just wanting to open the account/get a loan in front of cameras and they got turned down. But they seemed to be surprised.

I wonder if the outcome would have been any different for them had they done everything quietly/discretely instead of putting themselves under a self imposed media microscope

Just some quick observations over my first cup of coffee

RG

Edited by r__m__g_uy

They actually did get their project off the ground and it is up and running with a little benign blindness on the part of the law. You might recognize some names from the the show on this contact page:

http://www.victoriaindependentproviders.com/contact-vip

They also have some interesting ladies as well. And yes they operate incall.

The application of Canadian law is not the same across our country, and when this lot in Ottawa gets their collective heads out of their arses and look at the whole country, not just where most of their traditional votes are, they might actually get a real majority. Perhaps the Liberals and their few remaining supporters should take note.

They actually did get their project off the ground and it is up and running with a little benign blindness on the part of the law. You might recognize some names from the the show on this contact page:

http://www.victoriaindependentproviders.com/contact-vip

They also have some interesting ladies as well. And yes they operate incall.

The application of Canadian law is not the same across our country, and when this lot in Ottawa gets their collective heads out of their arses and look at the whole country, not just where most of their traditional votes are, they might actually get a real majority. Perhaps the Liberals and their few remaining supporters should take note.

Thanks for that info. Didn't even google to see if they were up and running now. But I'll bet they were more discrete this time around than the first time

RG

Guest W***ledi*Time
... Needing a lawyer to spell out clearly for them the legality (illegality) of a brothel... all of us, both SP's/Hobbyests should know enough that incalls are not legal ....

The doc mentioned that Lauren Casey is both a former sex worker and holds a "Masters of Criminology in the Sex Trade". So obviously the concept of the documentary was not to show the education of truly wide-eyed-innocents. Rather, it seems to have been produced and crafted as a public polemic against current laws and negative public perceptions. As the intro pointedly asks: "Why don't they deserve a decent workplace?" The message of the documentary is directed to the general public, I think.

They actually did get their project off the ground and it is up and running with a little benign blindness on the part of the law ... They also have some interesting ladies as well. And yes they operate incall...

Just to clarify, Rick ... are you saying that you know they have realized their project of opening a co-op brothel? (Either with or without the aimed-for goals of the profits going to needy sex workers, or with community investors and oversight by a community board?)

The VIP Agency was up and running already, before "The Brothel Project", of course - the VIP Agency website was shown in the Documentary. At that time, the ladies provided incalls at their own locations, not at a brothel.