Guest ***t***iv***

Glad to read other SP's thoughts on the text.

I accept texts, (and sometimes blocked calls)

but I never respond if:

-the first text just says 'hey', 'hey baby' or 'whats up'

whats up is what a waste of my time it would be to even reply to that!

-vulgar texts come in

the person on the other end is probably a female with nothing better to do than harass working girls for kicks. other reasons, it probably means they will be just as vulgar if I was to book with them, which I don't. (I also won't book via phone if they project vulgarity at me)

or

- if there's even a remote chance it is a prank text

I get a lot of these, again its probably mostly girls but I think some men do it too. If I'm confident it's a prank Ill send a template text (pre-written)

instructing the texter to call for information as there is a high prank volume recently. (I get a laugh out of that) or if I just suspect its a prank I send a template with basic info: description and rate, tag it with a friendly call to book! :) and move on

** I would also add that many numbers will prank text, much more than will call (from an unblocked number). I save them as pranks in my phone and forget all about it.

added thought on payphones:

I've read on here that lots of SP's won't answer payphones. Mostly I understand it's from being in bigger cities, probably a lot fewer legitimate callers use that method and mostly no-shows just like small towns like mine.

I answer payphone calls, but if the person doesn't have a number I can call back to confirm (most payphones you can't call back anymore, and if a client is using a payphone, its likely because they don't want to give out their number) I send them to a particular payphone in the city, close to my location and have them call 5 min before the appt time to get the rest of the directions. I always make sure I program the payphones number into my phone ahead of time so I can tell if they are calling from the right place. Doesn't always work, but it screens out a lot of no-show clients!