I'm trying to plan a visit to Ottawa. Can anyone recommend a few nice hotels that don't lock down their doors after a certain time, as they do at some hotels here in Halifax?

Thank you in advance,

Lexy

Good evening, sweet Lexy !

This is definitely a homework assignment I am more than happy to undertake !

In centertown Ottawa, the Crowne PLaza at 101 Lyon St. and the Marriot at 100 Kent St. do not impose late hour lockdowns. Both are very lovely hotels.

There is also the Cartier Embassy at 25 Cartier St. and the Holiday Inn at 111 Cooper St. Both very close to the downtown core. All have been favored by friends, business associates and lovely visiting ladies.

I believe one of the limited few that require buzzing the reception desk would be the Albert at Bay located at 435 Albert St.

Certainly hope this helps, and eagerly anticipating your arrival and gracing our city.:bigclap:

You may consider the welcome mat freshly shampooed and firmly in place at the time of your choosing...

...ditto goes for me ! ;-)

Kisses & goodnight

Reese

I'm trying to plan a visit to Ottawa.

Lexy

I think everyone has already suggested the hotels I would have suggested...so I really don't have anything useful to add to this thread except to say..........YESSS!! Best news I've heard in a while!! ;)

I think everyone has already suggested the hotels I would have suggested...so I really don't have anything useful to add to this thread except to say..........YESSS!! Best news I've heard in a while!! ;)

Thank you:icon_redface:!!

Kisses,

Lexy

What are the positives and negatives of visiting or staying at the Marriot Downtown, Marriott Residence Inn, Courtyard By Mariott and The Lord Elgin?

Thank you in advance,

Lexy

What are the positives and negatives of visiting or staying at the Marriot Downtown, Marriott Residence Inn, Courtyard By Mariott and The Lord Elgin?

Thank you in advance,

Lexy

Marriott Residence Inn:

I worked there several years ago. There is a concierge at the front door 24 hours a day. The concierge also patrols the guest floors several times a day and night. The front desk is located on the 4th floor. So when you take the ground floor elevator it takes you to the 4th floor. You have to cross the 4th floor lobby to get to another elevator that takes you up to the guest floors. (There is room service,, but no food. There is a continental breakfast served daily on the 4th floor. They do have an indoor pool and hot tub on the 2nd floor and a fitness center on the 3rd floor. Oh, before I forget, there is a Timmi's on the ground floor.

There is underground parking. If memory serves me correctly, it is only for the guests. There is some parking behind the hotel, about 6 spaces.

I hope this is helpful Lexy.

Cheers,

Jafo

Marriott Residence Inn:

I worked there several years ago. There is a concierge at the front door 24 hours a day. The concierge also patrols the guest floors several times a day and night. The front desk is located on the 4th floor. So when you take the ground floor elevator it takes you to the 4th floor. You have to cross the 4th floor lobby to get to another elevator that takes you up to the guest floors. (There is room service,, but no food. There is a continental breakfast served daily on the 4th floor. They do have an indoor pool and hot tub on the 2nd floor and a fitness center on the 3rd floor. Oh, before I forget, there is a Timmi's on the ground floor.

There is underground parking. If memory serves me correctly, it is only for the guests. There is some parking behind the hotel, about 6 spaces.

I hope this is helpful Lexy.

Cheers,

Jafo

Thank you Jafo!! You were very helpful and I truly appreciate that!!:wink:

Kisses,

Lexy