antler rant "returned items"

Let us talk about shopping......yes ladies..shopping.

Ok...when you go to the store...do you ever grab the article at the front of the shelf?

Or do you sort through to find the best date or one in the best shape?

Do you look for the most damaged article and then go for a discount...and if no discount you tell them to return it?

Have you ever bought some thing used it then returned it?......

I curse those returns...not the people who do this...Hell I have done it...I curse the stores who take the item...and just put it right back on the shelf...

You think that when some one returns something they would go through the box and make sure it works....all the parts are there...and it looks like it is still new.....

NOPE!!!!

More often than not the store just takes it and places it back on the shelf....yup....right back on the shelf...ready for the next consumer to pick it up.

Now the next consumer who picks it up may not care...or even notice that it was used....

BUT.......I seem to be the one consumer who gets the last item on the shelf that is for sale......yup..the box was open...nbuit tapped back closed...

What has that gotten me.......

- A VCR once that still had a tape inside of it.....once the tape was out...the VCR of course would not work...

- tool that make funny noises and break the next use...

the list goes on.......

any other stories of shopping out there?

Two returns counter at Walmart stories, one funny, one off putting.

While I was in line, a lady and a filthy nasty car battery in her shopping cart to return. She didn't have a receipt, the battery was clearly years old, and to top it off Walmart never ever sold Canadian Tire MotoMaster batteries. She left in a huff after the clerk and her manager refused to give her a "refund". After she left, I asked them if this happens often and do they at least get a laugh out og it. Aparently it happens all the time, and they aren't allowed to laugh until after the customer has left.

The off putting return is I saw someone return a package of ground beef and some icecream. The returns were tossed into the assorted carts for reshelving. I can only hope that the department manager disposed of the items instead.