I love Starbucks. I get it everyday before work, and sometimes I'll get Starbucks for lunch if I don't have time to eat.

My two favourite drinks from Starbucks are:

- Tall Tzao Chai Latte with no foam & soy milk.

- Venti Triple Expresso White Chocolate Mocha Cafe Americano

And my favourite Starbucks story happened a couple months ago. My order came to $3.78 for my latte, so I gave her $4.03 (I hate pennies, and I had 3 cents, lol). so I could get a quarter back. She laughed and said to stop playing jokes, and gave me my $0.03 back. Long story, short, that Barista & I are good friends now.

Starbucks is awesome. Who else loves Starbucks? Favourite drinks? Favourite stories?

Edited by Daniel17
typo

Guest K***e D****ls

Venti iced green tea and lemonade. Sooo refreshing on a hot sticky summer day. In the fall, tall pumpkin spiced latte. Around Christmas time, their Christmas lattes and hot chocolate make my world go 'round. :)

Whatever bold is on the go with a bit of honey and half and half. I'm down to just a couple of times a week as I usually grind at home now. Take that last sentence any way you want.

I put the savings to a more satisfying use now.

Posted via Mobile Device

Not a big fan myself. I prefer supporting local businesses rather than chains. In Ottawa, I LOVE Raw Sugar and Umi Cafe. They have a great selection of vegan treats, such as Auntie Loo's (also supporting a small local business). Plus the atmosphere, especially at Raw Sugar is amazing.

I worked at SBux.

For one, they do more charity work than the smaller companies do. They just don't advertise it. They treat their farmers really well, and have spent millions setting up schools, medical facilities and other things in some of the more remote growing areas. Employees even have the chance to go visit the farmers.

Secondly, they make yummy drinks! Caramel macchiato is a favorite, as it iced passionfruit tea.

AND - many people don't know this - if you come up with a drink or a drink idea, send it to the company. If they like it, they'll test market it and if it makes it all the way the pay you generously. A lot of new drinks are invented by baristas.

Though I have to say, actually working there - aside from the superior benefits - is much more stressful than any other coffee shop. My old SBux manager now works at Second Cup, for example. and she finds it like night and day. SBux is regimented and extremely strict. They are a little too generous with their write-ups. But the other coffee shops are less strict and allow their employees to be a bit more relaxed.

But let's face it: all jobs pose challenges, and that's no reason to hate on SBux.

I still go there for a drink or a chocolate chip cookie (get them to heat it up... I got dozens of our regulars addicted to heated up cookies! They're perfectly warm and gooey!).

Oh and FYI, they will make coffee with a French press if you ask. They don't advertise it, but they do it. So if you like French pressed coffee as much as I do....

Don't get me started on Umi Cafe. That place is not at all what it appears to be.

Don't get me started on Umi Cafe. That place is not at all what it appears to be.

They have definitely been going downhill. I haven't been there since they had a "Conservative Party" sign in their window! But I do have many happy memories of them in their better days.

I still love Raw Sugar. The owner is a fabulous lady too! She's let us use her space after-hours for pro-choice meetings, and I always appreciated that.

Guest S**a*Q

I have issues paying 5$ for a coffee/special drink.

Hence my, I don't shop at Starbucks argument.

I am not a huge fan of Starbucks, Over priced drinks and VERY slow service (I was a barista years ago for an indy coffee company and good god its not rocket science to make a drink), but I do fall victim on occasion for a frappachino other than that I would not spend my money there.

Grande Tazo chai latte, skin milk, no water, no foam and extra hot please! It's the only coffee that I will drink from there...as some stated earlier it's really expensive for one coffee (and I seem to like one of the top 5 most expensive...) so I will have it once in a while, but it's true it's really good

Call me simple, but I too have a real issue paying $5 for a drink unless I am seeing someone dancing nekkid in front of me. Since Starbucks does not offer pole dancing or a champagne room, Timmy's will suffice.

Gimme an extra large double double and $3.20 in change!

I don't know how to give rep points with my mobile so @old dog, too funny, as always :) valid points on why you guys choose to buy or not buy starbucks coffee but with all due respect I think the thread is being hijacked or going a different direction. The OP asked what are our starbucks favourite drinks not if we find it overpriced or not, or worth its price. Don't get me wrong I know is no biggy but just thought I would point it out with that said,my fave starbucks are the iced white mocha and the caramel machiatto.

Posted via Mobile Device

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYwAXxiBrUA7rQSLfblwwTLU9auNebWFQIvP6sKbiy6BjMOyyTHQ

Edited by Isabella Gia (Banned)
  • Like 1

Venti iced green tea and lemonade. Sooo refreshing on a hot sticky summer day. In the fall, tall pumpkin spiced latte. Around Christmas time, their Christmas lattes and hot chocolate make my world go 'round. :)

Ahhhhh the pumpkin spiced latte. I love walking in the fall along the canal with a pumpkin spice latte.

And during Christmas, the creme brulee latte makes my life.

I don't get to Starbucks very often for two reasons:

1. The only time I am ever near a Starbucks is when I'm on campus,

2. I'm usually poor.

BUT, during the winter, I love to treat myself to the hot apple cider with caramel. YUM.

I don't get to Starbucks very often for two reasons:

1. The only time I am ever near a Starbucks is when I'm on campus,

2. I'm usually poor.

BUT, during the winter, I love to treat myself to the hot apple cider with caramel. YUM.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, I love that too! Hot Apple Cider with Caramel!!! There are so many different treats. I am like a kid in a candy store when I walk into there.

Guest ****ven

I am probably the biggest coffee snob on the planet. I've worked part-time as a Barista (and still do) for the past 5+ years! i work at the competition, but I am definitely a fan of Starbucks, they meet my quality needs and standards.

I tend to go for a half sweet soy mocha with an extra shot of espresso :)

High maintenance, but like I said I'm a coffee snob extraordinaire!

I am probably the biggest coffee snob on the planet. I've worked part-time as a Barista (and still do) for the past 5+ years! i work at the competition, but I am definitely a fan of Starbucks, they meet my quality needs and standards.

I tend to go for a half sweet soy mocha with an extra shot of espresso :)

High maintenance, but like I said I'm a coffee snob extraordinaire!

I'm totally the same. Starbucks is like liquid gold in my opinion. I think Timmy's is like puddle water, lol.

This part might sound lame too, but something that just makes Starbucks awesome, is that the barista's know me pretty well, so every morning, they'll write a funny message on my latte or americano. It makes my day, haha. Yes, I know I'm a loser!

• Like 1

I now walk there every morning to get my coffee and I really love the walk there and back :) Well, now that the weather is still a bit decent but since fall is over perhaps I'll just get one of this to keep at home for the super cold days ...

starbucks.bmp

Guest f***2f***

MOre of a Timmys guy myself but there are two things I really like about Starbucks that have little to do with the coffee.

1. Free WiFi

2. Some of the hottest women from the office towers where I work go there for coffee.

Yes I'm that shallow!

I'm totally the same. Starbucks is like liquid gold in my opinion. I think Timmy's is like puddle water, lol.

This part might sound lame too, but something that just makes Starbucks awesome, is that the barista's know me pretty well, so every morning, they'll write a funny message on my latte or americano. It makes my day, haha. Yes, I know I'm a loser!

I can't live without my Starbucks. I really love coffee, and though Timmy's is great for good cheap sandwiches and yummy donuts, I don't ever go there for coffee.

My regular drink differs when the weather changes. Today is getting cooler and it's grey so I"ll be getting a Venti Nonfat Chai Latte.

If I need caffeine, I'll get a Triple Grande Nonfat Caramel Macchiatto, and more than anything, I LOVE getting a Nonfat London Fog. It's not often, but it's so so so good... Mmmmmm!

Plus you've got to love the Mini Pop Cakes on a stick. So Good!!

I LOVE STARBUCKS! It makes my day!

• Like 1

I used to be a Timmies man, but since I moved, no Timmies around

Usually get one if I'm on the road. Other than that, I drink coffee (I buy Tim Horton's tinned coffee at the grocery store) at home, using my cheepo $20 coffee maker

At work, drink it black, at home with cream

RG

Edited by r__m__g_uy

I can't post the link right now because I'm on my bb....but Denis Leary's "Coffee Flavoured Coffee" from Lock N' Load.....nuff said :D

Posted via Mobile Device

...My order came to $3.78 for my latte, so I gave her $4.03 (I hate pennies, and I had 3 cents, lol). so I could get a quarter back. She laughed and said to stop playing jokes, and gave me my $0.03 back..

What about the other 22 cents?