Skyp! Oooopsy!

Ok...I have no clue how to fix this mistake. I created an account, and did not know you can not change your skyp name! I accidentally used my own name...big ooopsy!!

So I have created another one using my stage name, and switched the email address associated with it. I also changed in my details here on the site to use my email matched to my new skyp account. Now, when I post my number, and you click on it, sometimes the old account with my name will show, and other times it is the new account that shows! So for now I have only used my phone number with no area code. I lied awake all night over this, and hope someone can help me? I have a friend coming today to try to help me.... If we are successful, I will fill you in, and if not hopefully someone here can help me?

Additional Comments:

Well I just uninstalled my skyp, at least a temp fix to this big ooopsy, lol.

Go to the folder on your directory where your Skype is installed. There will be two folders there, one for each of your two Skype names. Drag the one that you don't want into the trash.

This is for a Mac.

Hope this helps.

On mine, after I am finished using Skype, I always drag my username folder into the trash so that when I sign in next time, my username doesn't show up. My username is no longer on my computer. This stops nosey people from seeing that I use Skype. ;o)

But my name is still registered with the Skype company because when I type my username in again, it recognizes me. I have to know my username, it doesn't just show up. There is still a password needed for security, of course.

Each time I use it, it creates that username folder on my computer and each time again, I trash it again when I am done. I think that is good enough security for me because nobody can sign in using my name because the field is blank.

It might be different for you because I use a Mac. I'm not sure how to get the Skype company to delete your name from their central computer. Maybe some of the HP experts can offer advice?

Sorry I couldn't help more.