I haven't seen one yet, but some of my friends have and they said it was "weird" because they had never heard of them.

I guess the Bank of Canada needs to do a bit more advertising to get the message out to the general public.

bank-of-canada-100-dollar-polymer-note-300x277.jpg

I got a couple from the bank on Friday, and are they ever odd!!!! Doesn't feel like money at all!!! Never seen cash like this in any of my travels, but can totally understand how difficult it will be for criminals to reproduce.

Cato may tell us more about this 'new' kind of currency, as the technology has been in used down under since 1988: http://www.dfat.gov.au/facts/currency.html.

It will be a while before I handle any, as the Bank of Canada states new $20, $10 and $5 will become available in late 2013: http://www.bankofcanada.ca/banknotes/

Just found that CTV covered the unveiling back in June. There were a few articles recently on finalizing the design of the bill with focus groups, but i agree with Angela, a bit more advertising would have been nice.

Both the CTV article and the Bank of Canada link that toine posted indicate that the new 50$ bill will be issued in March 2012, and the other ones will come in 2013.

Out East my bank, TD, said they would not have any here until the first Thursday in December. I tried to get one last week

CB