Christmas Cookies!!!

In the spirit of our Autumn Comfort Food and our Cooking and Baking Threads... I thought it might be a great idea to share some of our favourite Yuletide recipes to share!!!

Now with a Scots background, I would be remiss if I didn't share a family tradition.... Shortbread. This is not the exact recipe we use, but it is one that has been used for the past few years with great result!!!!

BUTTER SHORTBREAD COOKIES

1 lb. butter

1 1/2 c. sugar (Domino)

2 egg yolks

2 tsp. vanilla

4 c. flour

In a large mixing bowl cream sugar and butter until well mixed. Add egg yolks and vanilla and continue mixing. Add flour one cup at a time until all 4 cups are added. I generally roll the dough to about 1/3 of an inch thickness and use a cookie cutter for stars, hearts and wreaths - bake for about 15 minutes at 350 and set on a rack to cool!

For extra special treats, melt a full package of semi sweet chocolate chips AND a pack of semi sweet Bakers chocolate in a double boiler. Dip half of your cookie in the chocolate and set on wax paper to cool and set.

Christmas_shortbread_stars.jpg

• Like 1

Alright Old Dog. Christmas Cookies!

cherrysurprises.jpg

Cherry Surprises

1 1/2 C Icing Sugar

1/2 C Butter

1 1/2 C Fine Coconut

2 Tbsp Milk

1/2 Tsp Almond Extract

Mix all of above ingredients and chill for 30 minutes.

Drain well one small bottle of marachino cherries.

Wrap each cherry with 1 Tsp of the mixture.

Roll in Graham Wafer Crumbs.

May be stored in and served directly from the freezer.

To make it a true surprise for your kids, make at least one without the cherry inside. :)

Enjoy

1/4 C Butter

2/3 C White Sugar

1/2 C light Cream

In saucepan bring mixture to a boil. Remove from heat and add;

1 C Sliced Almonds

3/4 C Chopped Mixed Peel

1/2 C Red Candied Cherries

1/2 C Green Candied Cherries

1/4 C Flour

Mix together.

Drop by teaspoonful onto large greased cooking sheet, spacing about 3 inches apart. Flatten slightly and form into rounds.

Bake at 325 for 8 - 10 minutes. Let cool for 1 monute. Then remove from pan to a rack and allow to cool throughly, flat side up.

Melt 4 squares of semi-sweet chocolate and spread over flat side of cookies. With a fork mark ridges in chocolate. Let stand until chocolate sets.

Store in airtight containers.

Enjoy

I've made these, but soaked the cherries for 48 hours in Rum first. As an added benefit, Cherry rum.

Alright Old Dog. Christmas Cookies!

Cherry Surprises

1 1/2 C Icing Sugar

1/2 C Butter

1 1/2 C Fine Coconut

2 Tbsp Milk

1/2 Tsp Almond Extract

Mix all of above ingredients and chill for 30 minutes.

Drain well one small bottle of marachino cherries.

Wrap each cherry with 1 Tsp of the mixture.

Roll in Graham Wafer Crumbs.

May be stored in and served directly from the freezer.

To make it a true surprise for your kids, make at least one without the cherry inside. :)

Enjoy

I'm not a baker but my friend made these sometime ago and they were fantastic so I bookmarked the recipe in hopes someone would one day take pity on my horrible baking skills and bake them for me again. :oops:

1 cup softened virgin coconut oil

1 cup pumpkin puree

1 1/2 cups coconut sugar, maple sugar, or brown sugar

1/4 cup ground flax seeds

1 tablespoon vanilla extract

3 cups oat flour

1 cup rolled oats

3/4 teaspoon baking soda

3/4 teaspoon sea salt

3 to 4 teaspoons cinnamon

1 teaspoon ground ginger

1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

In a large bowl beat together, using an electric mixer, the coconut oil, pumpkin, sugar, flax seeds, and vanilla extract. Add the remaining ingredients and beat together again.

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. While your oven is preheating let your cookie dough rest on the counter for 20 minutes. The oat flour will absorb some of the liquid during this time which helps the cookies hold their shape.

Drop by the spoonful onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until slightly golden around the edges. Remove cookies and place them onto a wire rack to cool.

http://www.nourishingmeals.com/2009/10/gluten-free-vegan-pumpkin-oatmeal.html

• Like 1

In the spirit of our Autumn Comfort Food and our Cooking and Baking Threads... I thought it might be a great idea to share some of our favourite Yuletide recipes to share!!!

Now with a Scots background, I would be remiss if I didn't share a family tradition.... Shortbread. This is not the exact recipe we use, but it is one that has been used for the past few years with great result!!!!

BUTTER SHORTBREAD COOKIES

1 lb. butter

1 1/2 c. sugar (Domino)

2 egg yolks

2 tsp. vanilla

4 c. flour

In a large mixing bowl cream sugar and butter until well mixed. Add egg yolks and vanilla and continue mixing. Add flour one cup at a time until all 4 cups are added. I generally roll the dough to about 1/3 of an inch thickness and use a cookie cutter for stars, hearts and wreaths - bake for about 15 minutes at 350 and set on a rack to cool!

For extra special treats, melt a full package of semi sweet chocolate chips AND a pack of semi sweet Bakers chocolate in a double boiler. Dip half of your cookie in the chocolate and set on wax paper to cool and set.

Christmas_shortbread_stars.jpg

shortbread,,,,,yummy,,,I hate to cook but love to eat bring some my way!!!!!

shortbread and ginger cookies are my favorite christmas cookies,sorry I didn't include a recipe as I don't cook,but love it when someone else does!!

shortbread,,,,,yummy,,,I hate to cook but love to eat bring some my way!!!!!

shortbread and ginger cookies are my favorite christmas cookies,sorry I didn't include a recipe as I don't cook,but love it when someone else does!!

I will save ya some... they rock!!!