Council Member Retired

One of our council members (as he announced publicly) has retired from the council. We do have some names still of previous volunteers and we would like to once again ask if anyone is interested in being on council (We need a MALE member this time as we keep a even number of MALE and FEMALES on the council)

If you have 50+ posts, check in at least once every 3/4 days to cerb, your posts are quality posts that are helpful to the community (Contribute), low or no infractions and your helpful to others on the site then you are a perfect candidate for council.

It is however a thankless job as the council members identity are kept secret from the public (unless you choose to announce it but that is never a wise move as the council has to make some pretty tough choices at times)

We (The mods and council) will review all volunteers and the mods will pick who we think will do the best job. I will ask the current council for help on deciding but the final choice will be made by the moderators and we will use the councils advise and suggestions as guidance.

We try to keep a wide variety of people on council so that decisions are fair and make the site move forward in a positive way. All volunteers names will be shared with council for a open (Private council members only) discussion.

Please PM me if you wish to be on council - Please a quick short PM not a long lengthy one as I may get a lot of volunteers and my inbox may get flooded. Thanks

Just to update this... you can volunteer for council at any time and I will add your name to a list so that when someone leaves council we (the council and mods) can choose from the list of volunteers. We have about 20 names at the moment. None of the board members will know you are council (unless you tell them yourself and that is never a good idea) other council members however will know who you are and will know you volunteered.

We are ALWAYS looking for representatives from other cities as well. We have LOTS of Ottawa members but little outside the Ottawa area.