Just Got to Ottawa from Down East - New Here

Welcome to Ottawa....not everybody is so cold as you found out on your first days....I am also from another place and I found the same thing at the beginning, but it will warm up.

Regarding Cerb, we are all welcoming you and wishing you ahppy and sensual stay in our Capital!!!!!

Hugs

Tracie:roll:

Thanks kindly. Moosehead Dry is my favourite beer too but it's not available in Ottawa so when I go to NB I always fill up my trunk with a few cases to bring back to Ottawa with me. No Moosehead Dry and high property taxes are the two things I really don't like about Ottawa. I don't like getting political, but Ottawa has soooo much politics on all levels, it's insane. Then there's some real doozies for councillors at city hall...yet they seem to be everywhere. I've only been here a year or so and I find myself shaking my head at some of them...won't name names but whoa! LOL Regular Mooshead is available in Ottawa so that's okay.

Talk again soon.

Old Spike try James Ready! You will be surprised...:wink:

Guest S***e

Home from the hospital and surgery went well. I'm going to rest up for a couple of days then drive to NB for some Moosehead Dry and visit some friends for a bit. I'm definitely going to retire from work in December after the holidays. I'd like to get out to BC for some of the Olympics, especially hockey as Canada will rule!!

Glad to hear everything went fine for you. Have a good rest and a safe drive to NB, try and leave a case or two for the rest of us lol. Ahh retire i think i can do that in about 20 years the rate i am going. Enjoy the games spike

Good to hear all is well and congrats on the retirement! If you do go to see Team Canada kick but, cheer one on for me! lol

Team Canada is the only time I will cheer for a team with a maple leaf on the jersey!!!!!

Have fun in Van!

Cheers!

Good for you. We are all plsed . Wherever you are in Canada, plse continue to participate in CERB. I'm also retired and enjoying myself tremendously.:-D

Guest S***e

Hi folks! Hope everyone is doing well. I got back to Ottawa from NB late yesterday and this week will pretty much be the end of my work life in that my last day of work will be on January 4th when I clean out my desk. Then I will be officially retired. Certainly my disposable income will be lower and my playtime will be even more infrequent, but I've always stressed quality of quantity during the course of all this. On the positive side my time will be more flexible. I'm feeling quite well and I'm pretty much all recovered from my two bouts of surgery etc. I need to remind myself that I'm not a teenager anymore and that my sports/fitness days should be more tempered. "Mall walking" and bridge are not on the horizon, at least not yet anyways. Running (indoors on a treadmill), sensible weight training, some yoga, indoor cycling and maybe some swimming will keep me busy and healthy as I love this stuff, but all now in moderation. One of my degrees is in Phys. Ed. which I used to teach previously. Likely I'll check into doing some volunteer work as well be it at the Ottawa Hospital, the Food Bank or the Ottawa Humane Society. Music is a passion and there's lots to do there as well, e.g. Bluesfest and Jazzfest in the summer months.

Anyhow, Merry Christmas and all the best to everyone for a prosperous 2010. Can't wait until January 4th!!!! Forty five years of work is enough.