Delta Queen St. (closing) ... What about Delta on Lyon?

Looks like the Delta Hotel on Queen Street is closing, or at least changing its name, to a different hotel brand at the end of the month.  I always liked it there as it was always very clean, if not the most up to date, with a very friendly staff.

I know Delta has taken over the property on Lyon adjacent to the Queen Street location and is remodeling it.  Has anyone stayed in the Lyon Street location in a remodeled room?  Looks promising with a 42" TV and the usual Delta amenities, high speed internet, etc..  However, trying to figure out if I should move over there or move down to the Marriott.  For me, these are business trips and I usually stay a few days.   Never been in the hotel, but I seem to recall hearing there is a more discrete path to the elevators than the Queen St. Location.

Any thoughts appreciated.

The Delta is changing in name only to National Hotel & Suites Ottawa. They plan to carry on 'business as usual' with the same staff.

Thanks. Actually I have a frequent stayer program with delta (Marriott as well) so I would prefer to stay at mother Delta ... That's why I was asking whether anyone has stayed at the Lyon st. Location since the renovation.

Edited by Kubrickfan
typo

I'm pretty sure your delta points will continue to be honored and issued at the newly branded hotel, the change is in name only, ownership remains the same.

If there intent is to bring the fromer skyline/crowne plaza up to date and to delta standards they've got a lot of work ahead of them. I've often regarded that place as a highrise motel, tiny overpriced rooms that for the longest time were dated, musty and the service was terrible. I understand they've made some changes in recent years, it will be interesting to see how the remodel to the common areas and rooms turn out. They are offering 99 and under deals to compensate for the construction hassles.