So a person reaches out to you for your help,you respond to the request,with all you can offer,they respond and except,but don't follow through with their end of the "bargain",noexplanation,no follow up,what would you think?Another one, someone asks for your advice,you give it willingly,it takes time,they don't respond with a thank you ,nothing,what do you think?You pay someone a huge compliment,no thanks,no nothing,is this rude?Seriously,I know I am a little thin skinned at times,for being such a direct person, but isn't gratitude,a thank you,just basic etiquette?

Cristy ...

First - on the humourous side ... If you can't take advantage of your friends, who can you take advantage of?

But, seriously ... I have some good friends who don't seem to understand the concept of a good thank you, but they have other redeeming qualities, so I put up with their shortcomings, but it does hurt sometimes

Thankfully the majority of people aren't like that, and like you, and me, make sure they acknowledge help and advice

When someone gives me help or advice I always try and thank them in some form or another whether it's in person, or a card, or a message of some form. I do that mainly because I always appreciate that someone took the time to think of me and try to help. And partially because when I was growing up if I didn't thank someone I'd never hear the end of it, lol. Now I will admit that I am notoriously bad at accepting help and compliments but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate the thought and thank people anyway.

Now when it comes to others and them thanking me for help I don't force the issue but it's always appreciated. If someone doesn't thank me I won't call them on it but let's just say I may not be so quick to offer help the next time. That being said though, if someone really needed my help I wouldn't turn them down just because they didn't thank me last time.

Cristy...if every moves you do is to get adknowledgement and appreciation it may be deceptful

If someone ask help..ask a reference or ask infos...i think it is common courtesy to respond with a thank you..Giving someone compliments..Well it is very nice of you and get even better if they adknowledge but as per example i don't see my profile posts very often..And when a lady only write to me to either compliments me or ask advices i have to be honest that it doesn't go in priority as i am usually behind schedule and need to catch up on my emails for my current tours...

I think if it is a fellow sp that ask help..a thank you is well deserve as you take some of your time to cater for that person and you don't really have to

But keep in mind that you shouldn't do anything with the expectations of reward.

xVJ

• Like 7

Helping a person, giving advice etc, should be done because you want to do it, and do it for it's own sake

There should be no expectation of something in return.

Yes, it would be nice to get a thank you, I agree. But you should do the proverbial good deed for it's own sake, not because you expect something in return, be it a thank you, or more

An afternoon rambling

RG

Not everyone thinks like you do hun. Some folks just don't understand that common courtesy goes a long way today. I was just at a personal appt, and I had to wait for my drive so I walked around the Mall. It is amazing the confused looks you get if you smile at someone, or say excuse me, or allowing someone to go first.

Not everyone thinks like you do hun. Some folks just don't understand that common courtesy goes a long way today. I was just at a personal appt, and I had to wait for my drive so I walked around the Mall. It is amazing the confused looks you get if you smile at someone, or say excuse me, or allowing someone to go first.

Funny you should say that Chanel. I was raised, amongst other things, to hold the door, some give you strange looks, but by in large, it's a smile and thank you I get. And I hold the door just because that was the way I was raised, not in expectation of a thank you. But it is nice to get a thank you

RG

So a person reaches out to you for your help,you respond to the request,with all you can offer...

Another one, someone asks for your advice,you give it willingly,it takes time,they don't respond with a thank you ,nothing...

Even though I don't do 'good deeds' to be shown gratitude or be thanked endlessly (I do it because I enjoy helping others) I find that some people like to take advantage of 'what you have to offer' without ever thinking twice about what you have done for them (and I'm not just talking about the little stuff here).

When people are just the about 'me me me' and 'I'm so much more important than everybody else' type and can't even bother lifting their small finger to help someone else, I find it less appealing to spend countless hours helping them again (and again and again) especially when they can't even say thank you or show some sort of appreciation.

I guess the 'take take take' type turns me off!

Cristy...if every moves you do is to get adknowledgement and appreciation it may be deceptful

If someone ask help..ask a reference or ask infos...i think it is common courtesy to respond with a thank you..Giving someone compliments..Well it is very nice of you and get even better if they adknowledge but as per example i don't see my profile posts very often..And when a lady only write to me to either compliments me or ask advices i have to be honest that it doesn't go in priority as i am usually behind schedule and need to catch up on my emails for my current tours...

I think if it is a fellow sp that ask help..a thank you is well deserve as you take some of your time to cater for that person and you don't really have to

But keep in mind that you shouldn't do anything with the expectations of reward.

xVJ

Remember theses are "senarios" not personal accounts,and I do have to disagree with you as my priorities will always be to repay kindness,if someone emailed me a compliment,well wishes,whatever,that IS as important as all my other emails,they took the time to send it the least I can do is to take the time to reply,with my thanks,Business will always come,kind words don't always!I NEVER give anything with expectations but I always give thanks to those that show me kindness.