WrinkledinTime over 100,000 reputation points!

Guest W***ledi*Time

Thanks everyone! I greatly appreciate all the good wishes!

I'm honoured (and have always been amazed!) to see my name in company with such lustrous and admirable members as are at or near the top of the rep-point list, both now and in former times.

Considering that rep-point inflation has always run so rampant that rep received more than a few months prior to any particular point in time is pretty much insignificant, it's amazing that anyone could have been able to stay at the top for two whole years. Especially me. Today the wonderful Angela has initiated a new era (as far as the Number One spot goes - a very well-deserved accomplishment), and she's got plenty of great company nipping at her heels!

A trip down memory lane:

The rep-point system was formally started in Feb 2009. I was the first member to hit 1000 rep-points, in June 2010. In Jun 2011, I still had the most rep with 8000 rep-points. In Jan 2012, it was 24,000. Now, just another five months later, we're at 100,000.

Heck, in the old days the few really top hitters (such as dummpy and brandi) could give out a staggering 10 rep-points at a time, and few posts of any sort were judged as deserving this new and strange thing called rep. The idea of anyone eventually accumulating 1000 rep in total was pretty much inconceivable. Now, the top hitters are giving out rep at over 1000 points for just a single post approval - one click of the mouse!

It's too bad that the folks who contributed so much to the board, and were rep-point leaders after years of great contributions - and not so very long ago - have had their rep-points devalued almost completely. It would have been nice to see those totals retain some significance as a sort of memorial to all their wonderful efforts on the board. (And of course for years before that, there was no such thing as rep-points at all!)

But I'm making myself kind of glum thinking about the past, when we're all here to celebrate the "now"! Time marches on, progress doesn't wait for old codgers like me. Ring out the old, ring in the now - because the "now" of Cerb is made up of some pretty darn fabulous folks!

Thank-you everyone, once again, for your kind thoughts!