Calling people out because they gave them negative Rep points.

I think this system is interesting, but can cause damge to a persons rep.

Calling people out on threads cause conflictsas I read on a thread by E.d. man.

If you disagree with a person, you are going to give that person a negative rep point, and if you agree with that person your going to give them a postive rep point.

As a new member I am affraid of the conflict this will cause and may make me affraid of posting on threads.:?:

And alot of the people on here have great insight.:?:

• Like 2

If you disagree with a person, you are going to give that person a negative rep point, and if you agree with that person your going to give them a postive rep point.

As a new member I am affraid of the conflict this will cause and may make me affraid of posting on threads.:?:

Don't worry about the rep points. I learnt that myself. Some long time members here have little or none, and some newbie members on here have more than 50 and are trusted members. Just be yourself and post as you want. Treat everyone on here with respect, and you will be fine.

• Like 9

Hi Loki,

when you select agree, a calculated number of rep points is added to the recepient, if you disagree, then it is substracted.

I hope this helps !

Can we even give negitive/ take away Rep points?

Rep points are like CT money - nice to have but not the real thing. If she smiles at me, is pleased to see me, remembers me and we click again - *that* counts!

• Like 2

I made it clear that if someone "Calls out" another person in the threads because of the REP points that I would suspend them for doing this. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. If I find that someone is abusing the rep points they will also be suspended.

Now, I can't please everyone so every time I make a change to the site it upsets someone (it never fails) thankfully on the other hand usually 10 people thank me for every 1 person who complains (and I can live with that). If I make the wrong choice (I am human) I will make adjustments and if I get 10 complaints for every 1 good comment I would obviously re-evaluate my decision.

My decisions are based on what I personally think will benefit the site and the members (Not everyone will agree with me ... and that is fine, everyone is entitled to an opinion).

I think the rep points can be valuable here if not abused (and I will remove anyone who is abusing them as that would be immature) others may not see the potential yet but I am not doing anything here to sabotage the site I have the sites best interest in mind at all times.

Personally I want to give the rep point system a fair trial run, let it run for at least 6 months and try to work out the bugs, if by the end of the 6 months if it is not benefiting the community I will remove it from the system. For the record the SCALES have been on the posts for years now but very few people ever noticed or used them until the reputation level meter was introduced along with the upgraded REP system. I can easily turn the system on and off so after the 6 month trial I may decide to remove it (we will have to see).

Now...

I appreciate the feedback and it is always welcome. However, what is not welcome is someone DEMANDING that I change or remove or add something here or someone trying to voice his or her opinion as loud as possible.

If I see another PM or POST that is TELLING ME that I must change/edit/delete/remove something I will not be diplomatic when I tell that person where they can "shove the demand" and likely that person will be booted as I find that disrespectful. I will even take the time to give that person a link to the company who makes the chat software so they can start their own discussion site and run it how they want to. (Hope that is clear enough)

If you do not like something simply be polite and tell me why (SHORT PM's are better as I don't have time to read all the threads these days or long winded PM's - sorry I am very busy - so I may miss your post). Just PM me and explain why or make a friendly suggestion. I will listen but I will not always do what you ask and often the suggestions are great but not possible or out of our budget at this time. I will however take the time to thank you for the suggestion and I will take it under advisement - always.

Please do not be angry if I do not do what you ask or suggest. Sometimes it is not possible and sometimes I don't agree but I do consider all requests and listen to all feedback and suggestions.

I would like to appologize to the mod for my actions. Because I have met some great people of this site and do not want to lose my privuleges here.

And mod you are doing a great job and we appreciate you more than you even know,:oops:

Edited by E.D. man
spelling

My views exactly on this whole issue...make your own decisions as to credibility as you read through the posts. You have a brain, so use it.

Don't worry about the rep points. I learnt that myself. Some long time members here have little or none, and some newbie members on here have more than 50 and are trusted members. Just be yourself and post as you want. Treat everyone on here with respect, and you will be fine.

Very well put ottawajamie, treat others with respect and they hopefully will reciprocate.

Hey Rick,

If it hasn't been said --Welcome to Cerb!

As a community that thrives on the sharing of information by collaborative discussions --Just be yourself!