Way to go, Ottawa Police!

(I wasn't sure where to post this, but I think we really need to get the word out and start a movement.)

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/story.html?id=1379251

In the face of an uptick in armed robberies, Ottawa Police appear to be wasting no time solving the problem. That must be some of the most dangerous work that our cops can do.

I propose we start a movement. When you see an Ottawa cop, give 'em a thumbs up. Give 'em a round of applause. Hell! Give 'em a hug! Now's the time to let them know that we really, really appreciate their hard work and willingness to take on the baddest of the bad guys for us.

..c..

Edited by JoyfulC
Link didn't work

I have no problem with hugging a cop (or anyone female as a matter) as long as she is a female cop :lol:. No seriously their hard work is highly appreciated. All the best regards to Ottawa police. Thumbs up (male or female).

I agree that the police force is doing great job to eliminate the bad apples of society.

Their workload is above their heads but they are doing great with the means they have.

But of concern to me in this article is the age of the offenders. And I ask myself: where are the parents but primarily (I don't intend to generalize but it's a majority), why are they even allowed to have children in the first place?

I agree that the police force is doing great job to eliminate the bad apples of society.

Their workload is above their heads but they are doing great with the means they have.

But of concern to me in this article is the age of the offenders. And I ask myself: where are the parents but primarily (I don't intend to generalize but it's a majority), why are they even allowed to have children in the first place?

I agree. The age of the offenders is alarming. Kids are educated nowadays and are aware that they can get away with crime. I suspect problems prevailed for those parents long before these charges were brought forward.

I wouldn't be surprised if some element of gang stuff isn't involved here. Police across Canada seem to be grappling with that lately.

On other sites, discussions have quickly deteriorated into criticisms of the justice system, young offenders act and immigration policy. And for sure there are concerns in all those areas.

But for me, I'm just really happy and proud to see our police getting such prompt results. I'd hate to see their good work be overshadowed by anything else. A number of my friends are cops, and so I know too well that it's big news when one of them screws up, and too often no news when they get it right. The argument can be made that it's their job -- but we all appreciate recognition for a job well done. They're no different.

(You don't have to hug them -- in fact, some might take that as an act of aggression. A thumbs up or applause or "way to go!" would probably do fine. ;) )

..c..