Cerb book club book choice.

I'm afraid to admit that I am only a few dozen pages into the novel. Getting back into full-time studies has been my focus for the past couple of weeks, although I should be able to make some time this weekend to get cozy with a book that isn't a textbook.

I'm sure it's a hard thing for an adult to write in the persona of a twelve-year-old, and I'm afraid I don't think this attempt works.

Emma Donoghue's Room quite honestly impressed me. It's written from a very young perspective, and the writing is so well done.

I finally read the rest of the book. It does give Baby and Jules a ray of hope. I liked the book because it brought me out of my element. It was an easy read and it was thought provoking. It was often sad and it often showed a side of life that I don't often like to look at, children suffering. The reality is that there is a lot of children in babies situation. Even though we get caught up in our own lives and turn a blind eye to these kind of things. I think we do that because our reality is so much different than the story of Baby and Jules. A tragic love story between a father and daughter.