Pooner Diaries: Simple

I just love that she's simple. Oh, she's not dumb, not by a long shot. She has a simple heart. She's uncomplicated and down to earth, and enjoys the simple pleasures. She'd take a burger and fries over sushi any day. She'd curl up with a good book in bed over a night at the clubs. She likes spending time with her family and her elderly cats. And she likes spending time with me. After a day of my crazy outside life, seeing her is a breath of fresh air. I can just relax and be myself.

This hobby is one where instant gratification is taken for granted. In spite of that, we had a surprisingly long 'courtship'. I would relish her long emails, her playing coy, her subtle tease. It surprised me that it took me so long to finally meet her. I could probably have just picked up the phone and asked if she was available. But as I've long since learned, it's the journey that matters, not the destination. But oh, what a destination.

-----------------------------||-----------------------------

I got out of my car. I fretted a little. Our 'courtship' had been so pleasant, so satisfying. What if I met her in the flesh and she turned out to be.. well.. ordinary? Still, I was dying to take that chance. I bounded up to her door and rang the bell. The door swung open, and she ushered me in. There she was. She was as attractive as her pictures. No, more. Her hair was more lustrous. Her eyes were bluer. Her body was even more appealing than I'd expected. She greeted me with a hug and a peck on the cheek and took my jacket.

She was casually dressed, barely contained in a short skirt and light sweater. We laughed together over her fuzzy slippers and her fuzzy cats. She offered me some bottled water and we sat on the sofa. We both knew why I was there, but there was no rush. She told me about her new place and the neighborhood and I talked about the drive out to her place, the book I was reading, the movie we'd both seen. It would have been easy to forget that we weren't just two friends talking, except for her occasional laugh and quick, tight hug. Her hand started to touch my chest for emphasis as she talked, lingering just a second longer than she needed to.

She's teasing me now. I'm going to need to do something about this. I smiled, looked into her eyes, and kissed her in mid-sentence. She looked surprised for just an instant, then started to kiss me back. The kisses, like our correspondence, were long, luxurious, thoughtful. Our tongues probed and touched, tenderly, with feeling. If this was the foreplay, I could only imagine about the final act.

I started to unbutton her sweater, and she fumbled with the buttons on my shirt. I stopped kissing her long enough to pull her sweater off, and she reached for my belt. We left a trail of clothes to her bedroom, like multicolored bread crumbs, stumbling and giggling the whole way.

Her bedroom was cool and dimly lit. I could feel her intense warmth near me. She was the warm center of the room, the pink pearl inside the oystershell-colored walls. I quickly found her warm center, and leisurely dined on the half shell. She writhed and moaned, tiny beads forming on her forehead. She froze with a final deep moan, holding me tight. She finally let go of me, tiny aftershocks reverberating. She opened her eyes and looked at me in surprise.

"That never happens. Wow. I think it's your turn now.." Oh, well, OK. If you insist. I lay back beside her. Ohhh yes. My turn, my turn.. I close my eyes and relax. The evening is young and filled with promise.

-----------------------------||-----------------------------

This hobby should be so easy. I show up, we have what I always hope will be some mutual mind-blowing fun. I leave a little token of my gratitude, and I go. What could be simpler? But the best plans of mice and men looking to get laid oft go awry, or at least they can at times. She makes it that easy. And that's why she's become a fast favorite.

Everything in life should be this simple.