Suggestions for a phone

Does anyone have any good suggestions for a phone that's relatively inexpensive and durable? Preferably something with internet access.

I dropped my blackberry on an effin' CARPETED floor and now the effin' screen is completely messed up. And it's not like it fell far, it fell from my desk at work onto the floor.....the carpeted floor lol. So yeah, totally not impressed with blackberrys' durability right now. And my warranty is up....figures.

Guest S**a*Q

Your warranty wouldn't have mattered hun... The assholes would've ruled that as physical damage, which would in turn void any and all warranties. (Bastardos!)

I have an iPhone with Virgin. It's not bad, I pay about 80$ a month for everything... I could stand for a larger internet allowance, but I use Wifi whenever possible.

I have an Iphone with Rogers. Love the phone and I am quite happy with Rogers service. Prefer it over my old blackberry and smartphone but to each his own.

Guest N***he**Ont**y

I bought a shell for each of my BlackBerries and they have given some solid protection against dropping them. Money well spent!

if you can go and get the Samsung Galaxy it is the most smarty pants phone I have ever seen in my life lol yes most definitely go for the protective case I have dropped my phone a couple times now and thank God for the protective case lol

Does anyone have any good suggestions for a phone that's relatively inexpensive and durable? Preferably something with internet access.

I used to work with a company (still do on occasion) that had a lot of BlackBerry's and find they are no more or less durable than any other phone. Any smartphone without a protective case (like the OtterBox, available for most makes and models) is subject to this kind of damage from any drop but sometimes you do get away with it, unfortunately this time you didn't.

The new Motorola RAZR is made of Kevlar and suppose to be extra tough but Gorilla glass is so hard (to be scratch resistant) that it will break on impact if it hits the right way.

I say pick what suits your fancy and get the appropriate OtterBox for that model.

That said, I pay a small fee each month for an extended service plan that covers everything. I was careful to read the fine print, apparently I can drop it in the pool, run over it with my car or even just loose it (including theft) and they will replace the phone up to 3 times. More important to me was I would get an immediate loaner (programmed with the same number) if they didn't have stock to replace the phone the same day.

I have an Otterbox case for my Blackberry 9900 and I've occasionally dropped it several feet onto a hard floor and it has come through without any damage ... the cases are expensive, but well worth it

Well I ended up just getting it repaired instead of replacing it. Was cheaper that way. But thanks for the suggestions everyone! Something to keep in mind when I do eventually decide to switch things up. I think I'll have to get myself one of those Otterbox thingamajigs though.