In costco a few days ago and picked up the "50 shade of..." trilogy and i'm halfway though the first book "50 shade of grey"..... gotta say.. wow!!!!! its very erotic, well written and easy to read.

I would highly reccomend it to anyone who likes a good book! I'm even learning a thing or two! may just add some dom role playing to my menu lol.

You might enjoy The Marketplace series of books by Laura Antoniou if you liked 50 Shades. I found Lauras books much like reading about the lives of people I know. Laura is her self an owned slave and knows this way of life inside out and backwards.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1885865570

Yous in leather, Kay

Guest *ig*a**

I didn't find the books that good, thought The Story Of O was alot better.

I am nearing completion of the first book of the trilogy and am yet to decide whether to get the next two. I thought that I would read it as I have heard so much about it, and I am glad that I have done so.

I don't find it particularly well written and in my minds eye I keep thinking that it is an adult version of a Harlequin Romance novel.

That being said, I have found it to be very erotic and the premise very intriguing. An easy read and I have no idea at all of its 'accuracy' in the lifestyle.

95% of what I read comes from the library and the book that Kay recommended above is not in my library so will perhaps have to pay a visit to Amazon.

Yes I have more to learn, but that's a good thing.

I am nearing completion of the first book of the trilogy and am yet to decide whether to get the next two. I thought that I would read it as I have heard so much about it, and I am glad that I have done so.

I don't find it particularly well written and in my minds eye I keep thinking that it is an adult version of a Harlequin Romance novel.

That being said, I have found it to be very erotic and the premise very intriguing. An easy read and I have no idea at all of its 'accuracy' in the lifestyle.

95% of what I read comes from the library and the book that Kay recommended above is not in my library so will perhaps have to pay a visit to Amazon.

Yes I have more to learn, but that's a good thing.

They actually bored me...I can send you the other 2 if you pm me your address.

• Like 1

I read up to the part where she decides to go along with him and get into the discipline thing. The taking of her virginity was hot but as I am not one who is into pain or inflicting it, I decided to put the book down for a bit and have never taken it up again.

I didn't find it well written or edited....one paragraph had the same adjective used three times and I actually found it a bit sophomoric. Someone else send Harlequin-like....yes now that you say that it is a bit like that.

I get the impression that more women are enjoying this book than men so maybe it's just who the book is aimed at rather than me finding it leaves me flat.

I read up to the part where she decides to go along with him and get into the discipline thing. The taking of her virginity was hot but as I am not one who is into pain or inflicting it, I decided to put the book down for a bit and have never taken it up again.

I didn't find it well written or edited....one paragraph had the same adjective used three times and I actually found it a bit sophomoric. Someone else send Harlequin-like....yes now that you say that it is a bit like that.

I get the impression that more women are enjoying this book than men so maybe it's just who the book is aimed at rather than me finding it leaves me flat.

I felt it was aimed towards the more vanilla people..people that probably never had anything other than mish..I'm not putting down the people who liked it..lol that's just my thoughts. everyone has different tastes.

I've read the trilogy and, while I don't think it's particularly well-written, what I admire is that these books have brought erotica written by women into the mainstream.

It's unfortunate that Christian Grey's proclivities are represented as resulting from a horribly abusive childhood and that he needs somehow to get over what he feels and wants. That hasn't been my experience with people who are involved with BDSM. Ordinary, healthy people can have a lot of fun playing with edges and boundaries.

• Like 1

Guest s****aswe***ess

I enjoyed the first one!! But i get bored easy... i havent been able to sit and read a full book in a number of years. I also payed 25 for it at Chapters and then the very next day... saw it Costco for only 9.99 lol!

Theres a few other books similar too this one also! Alot of woman go crazy for them!

Im hoping they make this book into a movie it may be interesting!!

I've read the trilogy and, while I don't think it's particularly well-written, what I admire is that these books have brought erotica written by women into the mainstream.

It's unfortunate that Christian Grey's proclivities are represented as resulting from a horribly abusive childhood and that he needs somehow to get over what he feels and wants. That hasn't been my experience with people who are involved with BDSM. Ordinary, healthy people can have a lot of fun playing with edges and boundaries.

I had been coming to the conclusion that his childhood and probable abuse was where she was heading with the novel so no surprise there. You are correct that healthy people can have a lot of fun playing at their own edges and boundaries, as I have been discovering, and I feel at least reasonably healthy. :)

It is interesting however that when one reads something such as this how one can relate it to themselves. On the one hand being dominant and controlling of another person, a woman in particular, is simply so foreign to me and ingrained as being 'wrong', that I could not see myself being that way. On the other hand it is clear that there are people who find it a great turn on so if I were ever presented with that choice at her request I would probably be in a dilemma! If nothing else the book has caused me to think in areas that are new to me, yet again.