Noob Question: SP's contacting clients etiquette?

Phoning/texting randomly is one thing, but I think emails are a different matter.

Not everyone is going to want to buy a burner to hobby; some might not even think of it. Not everyone may be able to afford to have two phones. Email on the other hand--everyone and their mother can open up a second email account for free to hobby. While I wouldn't generally contact anyone unless they contacted me first, I do occasionally send out friendly emails to regular clients of mine who are interested in keeping in touch outside of the hobby. And I've never thought anything of it.

But I would never never text a client out of the blue. The client shouldn't have to tell her, she should know better. That being said, if the text didn't cause any undue stress (that is, no one's the wiser) then perhaps a gentle, "please don't text me unless I've said it's okay to do so" would be in order.

I've been reading on here and I think that sure set up boundaries where you decide on what is the right thing to do, but did you ever consider the fact that the SP thought you did a good job to her, so should you be patting yourself on the back? Just a thought?