New bus taking over Acadian lines

So I was out at the mall shopping today and standing in the checkout line I overheard some woman chatting behind me that there is a new company taking over the Acadian Bus Lines trips is this true or was my nosiness all for nothing lol..

• Like 1

There is to be a new bus service for the three maritime provinces called the Tri-Maritime Bus Network and it is scheduled to begin on December 1st. You may Google it or look at this news story.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/story/2012/10/26/pei-maritime-bus-train-plane-584.html

At present I cannot find a company website or link to schedules and fares but I presume that these will be out shortly. I do hope that this service does get up and running.

There is to be a new bus service for the three maritime provinces called the Tri-Maritime Bus Network and it is scheduled to begin on December 1st. You may Google it or look at this news story.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/story/2012/10/26/pei-maritime-bus-train-plane-584.html

At present I cannot find a company website or link to schedules and fares but I presume that these will be out shortly. I do hope that this service does get up and running.

I believe MN2 the FB BBM lodge has succeded in it's hostile takeover of the Tri-Maritime Bus Network

Soooooo....we have ONE BUS for Nova Scotia ! High end unit ... has a pop top we found at Woodstock ...roll your own joints and the Beatles will be playing live ?

funny-pictures-redneck-pop-top.jpg

We have one handi van for New Brunswick ! Just is case it is muddy and / or need to make a fast getaway ! Yay for big tires !

redneck%20school%20bus.jpg

and for PEI we have a S.S. Fat Guy :) Please book in advance .....space is limited...umm...

funny-boating-pic7.jpg

and beware of this thieving scallywag ;)

3qazlg.jpg

• Like 3

The unfortunate part is that they are serviceing only the major centers in NB, I think. Moncton, Saint John and Fredericton, I'm not sure about Mirimichi...

This is exactly what Acadian was asking for, to NOT have to service the smaller centers, so is this going to really be a better service??

I see this as another example of the erosion of the rural lifestyle.

Booo

• Like 1

Yes I agree with you Stevey. New Brunswick likes to do this slowly and backwards just to make sure not to have there government in an uproar over transportation costs when in fact it's the tax payers suffering.. I'm glad there is something taking over the routes though,can't imagine a winter with no buses.

I;m surprised Greyhound can't come in and do it. They already have some offices for parcel pickup, so the courier service trucks come and go. Not sure why they can't have a couple of revolving busses going from province to province even if it is not daily service. in fact I was surprised when I was doing some travel arrangements for a friend, looking at the options, and that wasn't an option at all.

Seems very odd.

• Like 1

The reason is quite ridiculous as I found out recently

The public transportation within the maritimes is run by a regulatory board who made a rule that if there is going to be a bus that stop throughout the maritimes it has to stop at all cities that are on the list even if there is no schedule departures or drop offs due to the fact that they want people who are using their service as a same day freight delivery to have the same opportunity to have their parcel delivered. Because Acadien agreed to this they said they lost too much many making pointless stops where there was never people or parcles at the pickup ..Anyways just thought I'd let ya know

Oh also when acadien shut down, Trius approached the regulation board with new rules that the board pretty much has to accept or else people in the maritimes are screwed transportation wise..