Maybe I'm just overly confused, as it happens from time to time, but...

I really don't get these reputation points.

I lose "reputation" because someone "disagrees" with something I said/ an opinion I had?

...Maybe I'm missing how these are helpful?

• Like 2

Hi Naomi, you have not lost any reputation points you have actually been giving points by other members. This is a way for them to show you that they appreciate your contributions here.

Now who looses points are the guys/girls who log in and make a new account to post a SHILL post about themselves. Guys can disagree with the recommendation and it would lower the new members rep level to show everyone he/she is not trusted.

Do a search on reputation points as we had many discussions on how they work and such when we implemented them. The system helps show who can and can not be trusted.

Basically it's to keep everyone on the "up and up" as it helps keep the shill posters out and the bad sp's as well (How? the guys disagree with the ladies posts if they post that they offer a service to lure them in and when they get to the call they find out that this service was not actually available - so this helps remove ladies who advertise bad info or fake/bad/misleading photos in a ad thread.

To make the system even more reliable you must have a high level of reputation points in order to add or subtract reputation from another member. This make sure a new member can not maliciously use the reputation to falsely boost another account's reputation level or to remove reputation from a already trusted member.

Shouldn't we be booting these people from the site rather than removing reputation points?

Hi Naomi, you have not lost any reputation points you have actually been giving points by other members. This is a way for them to show you that they appreciate your contributions here.

Now who looses points are the guys/girls who log in and make a new account to post a SHILL post about themselves. Guys can disagree with the recommendation and it would lower the new members rep level to show everyone he/she is not trusted.

Do a search on reputation points as we had many discussions on how they work and such when we implemented them. The system helps show who can and can not be trusted.

Basically it's to keep everyone on the "up and up" as it helps keep the shill posters out and the bad sp's as well (How? the guys disagree with the ladies posts if they post that they offer a service to lure them in and when they get to the call they find out that this service was not actually available - so this helps remove ladies who advertise bad info or fake/bad/misleading photos in a ad thread.

To make the system even more reliable you must have a high level of reputation points in order to add or subtract reputation from another member. This make sure a new member can not maliciously use the reputation to falsely boost another account's reputation level or to remove reputation from a already trusted member.

• Like 1

Guess we don't boot people for the sake of having some kind of habeas corpus...

Posted via Mobile Device

Guess we don't boot people for the sake of having some kind of habeas corpus...

Posted via Mobile Device

No but I'm sure they boot people for B&S and shill and such.

• Like 1

No but I'm sure they boot people for B&S and shill and such.

Totally...you just got to be able to prove it first ;)

Exactly I am NOT a MIND READER and out of every 10 complaints I get I find 3 or 4 of them are fake complaints (trying to cause problems for some other person - and with a little digging and help from the members here I find the real truth).

It would be wonderful just to beleive everyone and accept everything I am told at face value but we all know where that leads.... who do you beleive? You need proof and that is not always easy in this environment. So reputation points greatly help. When I suspect someone they go on a WATCH list and if I notice the rep points going down I remove the post and the person.

The reputation points system is still new but it helps - and has helped remove 3 people so far from the site thanks to our members!

Use if it you wish to contribute or ignore it if you wish to... your call. It's just another tool to keep a anonymous group of people accountable.

Keep in mind... I don't know you, you don't know me.. I only have what is shown to me from both parties to make a discussion when someone makes a bad move or cry's foul. if you tell me someone posted a shill or a fake photo and you have no proof how do I know? I can't just beleive you (That would be insane - I need proof) -

You would be shocked at how many people complain to me and I end up banning them as it ends up that the person doing the complaining in the first place is the person trying to cause problems. This happened today actually. It happens once a month at least on average. Thankfully when I contact the other party I usually get some proof as to why this other person is complaining about them or I get a BS excuse and can easily make my decision (Judgment).

You know what would be even better? I should get a magic 8 ball

Q: "Oh magic 8 ball, Is this a shill post"

(Shake, Shake)...

A: Yes!

Q: "Oh magic 8 ball, Should I remove this person from the site"

(Shake, Shake)...

A: Yes!

Dam, that would make my job way easier...

With all kidding aside. It's not easy and we are working to make the site a fun friendly place for everyone. A post from someone with no post could and no reputation is pretty much the same as a SHILL post (we all know not to beleive them until one of the senior members agree's with the recommendation).... and cowboykenny alone I think finds 99% of the bait and switchers so for the most part the shill's and the b&s posters who we can prove are removed from the site.

All very good points...

I think I was mainly confused as to what their main purpose was, (which I know now. lol.)

8)

Maybe I'm just overly confused, as it happens from time to time, but...

I really don't get these reputation points.

I lose "reputation" because someone "disagrees" with something I said/ an opinion I had?

...Maybe I'm missing how these are helpful?

Naomi do not waste yr time with reputation points, becaus for me all it did was cause trouble. I got called out for putting a negative rep point.

So I don't even look at them anymore or give them out or take them away.

Well rep points r a matter of opinion by the person.

Just don't worry about them!:evil::evil:

Naomi do not waste yr time with reputation points, becaus for me all it did was cause trouble. I got called out for putting a negative rep point.

So I don't even look at them anymore or give them out or take them away.

Well rep points r a matter of opinion by the person.

Just don't worry about them!:evil::evil:

Please don't listen to E.D. Man... the rep points are a valuable part of the site and the community.

They are important and I guess E.D. likes the site but does not want members here to be accountable for what they post? That is just silly!

I am sure if he ever falls for a shill recommendation or a bait and switch posted on this site he will raise a stink. No one to blame buy yourself if this happens ED passing info like this.

Bashing something like the reputation system that is working and making the community better is counterproductive. If you don't want to click the reputation button than don't (be spineless) but don't encourage others to not use it. I like to give credit where credit is due and hold people accountable when they lie... It works for exactly that reason.

If you gave someone negative reputation and disagreed with his/her post you should back it up! Why do you care if you were called out for it if you disagreed with them? anyway we do not need to hash this out again and again.

E.D. please just ignore the reputation and the rest of us will happily continue to use it!

Complaining about it is pointless as it's here to stay because it works. You one man crusade to not use it is over. I don't care for complainers and I am sure most of here don't want to read your complaints or my comments about your complaints.

Keep the site positive and community oriented. That is what is important.

• Like 3