Has anyone got any info on Nikki advertised on CL under http://ottawa.en...........ca/ers/1194940353.html

Much appreciated!

Sorry I can't help, but just a heads up, the word "Mulatto" is sort of considered borderline racist. I'm not trying to nit pick, and I know there is no other 'acceptable' word (except mixed race, which doesn't explain anything), but you should probably just say either mixed race or half black...... I dunno...........

Cheers,

Narman

I've seen the term "Mulatto" used quite often on websites for girls in Montreal or in CL adds by girls visiting from Quebec. I don't think the term has the same negative connotation en francais as it does in english.

There's something on Cowboy's Diary about fake pictures, but also a comment from someone that says he has seen her. Just don't expect her to be the girl in the photo.

Mulatto is still used commonly, but is beginning to be scratched off the list of words you can use according to PC dogma. I believe the appropriate replacement is bi-racial.

The original poster cannot be faulted for using terminology as it was used in the ad he was questioning. He was in fact referencing the Ad header. English is a language we all "own", certain words shouldn't be ok for some to use and others not. If a bi-racial person promotes herself as mulatto then the poster cannot be faulted.

Her pictures are fake.

Guest gagagaga

I agree with CK...we spend so much time trying to figure out what people wish to be called and then apologizing for the unfortunate choice we may have made, that we don't have the opportunity to make a point.

"You can't use queer...that's our word for you guys."- Homer Simpson

It's just that dumb

I agree with CK...we spend so much time trying to figure out what people wish to be called and then apologizing for the unfortunate choice we may have made, that we don't have the opportunity to make a point.

"You can't use queer...that's our word for you guys."- Homer Simpson

It's just that dumb

Exactly. Individuals of mixed race may be comfortable or uncomfortable with a range of nomenclature regarding their racial heritage. Kind of up to them to decide what they are comfortable with, rather than arrogantly imposing some so-called politically correct viewpoint on them.

Exactly. Individuals of mixed race may be comfortable or uncomfortable with a range of nomenclature regarding their racial heritage. Kind of up to them to decide what they are comfortable with, rather than arrogantly imposing some so-called politically correct viewpoint on them.

I wasn't trying to impose some "so-called politically correct viewpoint"; I was simply informing the OP that some people (and obviously not the woman in question) consider the term offensive. I am not trying to be the language police, and I'm sure the other person didn't mean it in an offensive way. Anyway,

Cheers