Client No Shows

Providers: how many no shows do you have in a week? (You may chose two responses)  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Providers: how many no shows do you have in a week? (You may chose two responses)

• None from new clients
    • 1-2 from new clients
    • 2-5 from new clients
    • More than 5 from new clients
    • None from regular clients
    • 1-2 from regular clients
    • 2-5 from regular clients
    • More than 5 from regular clients

Ottawa has a bad rep for client no shows. Is that rep really deserved and if so, how bad is it for providers? Also, how many no-shows are first-time clients vs regular repeats?

I wouldn't say that one's regulars would do many if any no-shows...more like a cancellation. Regulars are regulars for a reason...lol

kisses,

Emma A

Yeah, I think you're probably right Emma, but we're about to test that theory by a non-scientific poll. (lol). As there was room to have both the new and the regular options, I figured why not include both.

I have to agree with you Emma...Regulars will not want to disrupt their fun with us...rather more or less have to cancel due to an inconvienience...however it is usually the new ones who like to rather "Play Games" as you could say.

It's hard to predict. I have had regulars who were faithful about always showing up on time or calling if they couldn't make it. But then there's the odd one who surprised me and not showed up or called....

I don't like to berate them, but later when I do speak to them again, I do remind them that they could have at least called. Gee, it seems that there are a lot of guys out there without charged cell phones or car phone chargers, or change to make a phone call or the decency to call, text or e-mail later without an explanation.

Unless you're dead...you should follow-up at some point, just so I know you're not dead...but I shouldn't kid about that because an SP told me one of her old guys did croak between the time he made the appointment and was to show up. Do we have to start reading the obits?

But, you're right it's definitely new guys that are the no-shows.

Edited by Mature Angela
Changed text

I agree with Emma, regulars cancel and re-book. Newbies no-show and the re-book then show up or no show-again...lol

Hence why I love my regulars...lol

This is one of those classic questions. I'm disappointed, but probably not surprised, about the number of complete no-shows. I've had to cancel appointments on a number of occasions. Usually work related issues prevent me from keeping the appointment. I always try to give as much notice as possible. Often the day before, only one or twice with a couple of hours notice. I felt very badly about those instances. Only once or twice did I cancel because I just changed my mind about wanting to see that person. It was a long time ago when I was still pretty green. I've never just not shown up.

If I cancel i try to rebook. That is harder now that I mostly hobby when I'm travelling. It may be several months before I can actually reschedule.

Now, on the other hand, there have been many times when I've sat on the doorstep pushing the buzzer or ringing a cell number at the appointed time with no reply. I always feel like a complete prat standing there at the buzzer, pushing the code repeatedly, then loitering at the front door and trying again.

Same phenomena thought, this seems to usually happen on a first appointment, rather than with a regular. Although i did have a favorite who did it to me a number of times. We were definitely at a point where I was being taken for granted.

My solution now, is simply to stick with the best reviewed girls. Find the best and stay with them. And besides, while variety may be the spice of life, I find that frequently service with a regular just keeps getting better and better!

Porthos

I dislike no shows, I know life happens and accpet that, but if you are going to message me an hour before and inform me you changed your mind and want to go to the hockey game instead, don't expect me to re-book you! But on the other hand if you message me with notice that something came up (ie. work or family related) then I will re-book you! Some guys are REALLY nice and find a way to make it up to you, others have no regard for other peoples lives or jobs! Just my opinion! Not ment to insult or anger anyone! :-D

Unless you're dead...you should follow-up at some point, just so I know you're not dead...but I shouldn't kid about that because an SP told me one of her old guys did croak between the time he made the appointment and was to show up. Do we have to start reading the obits?

Good anecdote! Love your final comment on it. Lol

I've only ever had no-shows with new guys, and only once or twice since I started exclusively seeing guys from CERB.

Mostly, my no shows happened when I first started and was dabbling on Craigs.

I stood up a new client once. Only once. It was when I was still really new and I was watching him standing in the lobby, on my TV, and he just really creeped me out. I didn't like the look of him and so when he buzzed up to get me to let him in, I just didn't answer the phone. I felt bad, but at the same time, he really put me off. And my instincts are usually spot-on. I felt less bad, of course, when he left me a message on my answering machine telling me I was a bitch for standing him up.

I know other providers who use that lobby cam to screen potential clients. I don't blame them. There are some really creepy guys out there. And some really ugly ones. lol

I would think one can at least call... even if the lady is still gonna be out that time anyway I would think she would appreciate the call and you (the client) as you are a member of civilized society, have the responsibility to.

I keep a black-list of those...

Since I'm not on CL, I had 0... But on CL, espescially at night time, boys seems to be bored, and call for jokes... You are not calling to cancel? Out! You cancel twice? Out also!

But do anybody have phone calls with man jerking on the phone?

Well I take pride in showing up on tiome for appointments and (touch wood) have never had to cancel an appointment much less being a no show and I am sure the ladies I see on a regular basis would vouch for that. But then if I have any doubt about when i book that I may not be able to make a certain timing and have to cancel, I simply will not make a booking. Sometimes it meant I can't see a certain SP but that is life.

So If i am a no show, it is very likely that something happened that prevents me from getting to a phone. I don't like wasting my time so I certainly would not waste a lady's time.

• Like 1

I keep a black-list of those...

Since I'm not on CL, I had 0... But on CL, espescially at night time, boys seems to be bored, and call for jokes... You are not calling to cancel? Out! You cancel twice? Out also!

But do anybody have phone calls with man jerking on the phone?

Yes, but before I got into the business, some guy was just dialing #'s when I was in my teens, and he was going at it on the phone asking if I could help him. I simply responded there was no help for him, laughed and hung up!!! My BFF and I giggled about it for a while!

I have been a long-time follower of these boards, but this is my first time posting.

I have never been a no-show before, although on occasion I have had to postpone an appointment when there was a work conflict. I remember one time meeting an SP and having her say I was the only one of 5 who had actually shown up that day, and how happy she was to see someone! (there was a definate upside to being me that day!)

That being said, I have recently made my way onto a "black-list" of an SP, even though I contacted her by email and PM as soon as I found out about my conflict, about three hours ahead of my appointment. Granted it would have been better to call, however since I was sitting in an emergency conference meeting, that was unfortuately not an option.

I realize that each lady has their own standard when it comes to who they see, but I think with this many no-shows, when someone puts in the effort to postpone a booking and wants to re-book, declining their business might not be the way to go.

I am wondering from the ladies - would you consider this to be a "black-list" offence?

I have been a long-time follower of these boards, but this is my first time posting.

I have never been a no-show before, although on occasion I have had to postpone an appointment when there was a work conflict. I remember one time meeting an SP and having her say I was the only one of 5 who had actually shown up that day, and how happy she was to see someone! (there was a definate upside to being me that day!)

That being said, I have recently made my way onto a "black-list" of an SP, even though I contacted her by email and PM as soon as I found out about my conflict, about three hours ahead of my appointment. Granted it would have been better to call, however since I was sitting in an emergency conference meeting, that was unfortuately not an option.

I realize that each lady has their own standard when it comes to who they see, but I think with this many no-shows, when someone puts in the effort to postpone a booking and wants to re-book, declining their business might not be the way to go.

I am wondering from the ladies - would you consider this to be a "black-list" offence?

I only black-list someone if they book and then don't show and don't contact me to explain what happened (even if it's after the fact). I will also black-list you if you are: rude, try to negotiate un-safe sex, or offend me personally in some way (which is pretty hard to do).

I don't have many no-shows since I started asking new clients to pay a deposit to confirm our first meeting. I've been doing that for a couple of months, and have only had two no-shows in that time. Regular clients sometimes need to cancel, but I've never had one of them not show up or not call.

Deciding to ask for the deposit was a tough decision, but fortunately it's gone over very well with the serious inquirers and it's revealed a lot to me about the ones I wouldn't want to see anyway but who are likely to be time-wasters or no-shows. The ones who've paid the deposit (and that's probably about 60-70%) have agreed that if they'd booked a hotel room and not shown up, or cancelled at the last minute, they'd have to pay a fee. At some B&Bs, they might end up paying for the whole booking! With me, it's only $100, and I give first-time clients an "introductory" rate that's $50 lower than the fee for returning clients.

A lot of the guys who don't want to pay the fee become surprisingly irritated in their e-mails, saying things like, "Who do you think you are? My time is worth more than yours." A few days ago, someone wrote to me, saying, "A woman in your position should know that she can't expect any guarantees." And one, who'd initially told me that he'd read my website and some of the things I've written here, wrote, "You're obviously a scammer who's out to make a buck for nothing."

I don't ask returning clients to pay deposits.

PayPal makes it easy and won't reveal the name on the credit card or the card number to me, so the client's identifying info stays private. It only gives the name of the consulting services I've created for the account, so my info is also private.

I have not had any no shows, just a couple cancellations with plenty of notice.

I think this may be because I put new clients through the wringer by making them fill out an "application form to be my lover" online. Only the gentlemen who are sincere enough to fill out the information are ones that I agree to take on as clients.

I have, however, had bad dates. It hasn't been all fun and games.

Judging by your threads, your eloquence you could put me through your wringer anytime to be your lover! and I could see why you have had any no shows, you are a smart lady by the way you run your affairs. Bad dates..well I guess that sort of sh#t goes on all the time with tire kickers,lurkers.

I have not had any no shows, just a couple cancellations with plenty of notice.

I think this may be because I put new clients through the wringer by making them fill out an "application form to be my lover" online. Only the gentlemen who are sincere enough to fill out the information are ones that I agree to take on as clients.

I have, however, had bad dates. It hasn't been all fun and games.

Can I change my vote????

I just had one of my regulars cancel another appointment, this time he did not bother to notify me until the next day, and did not have a good reason for the cancellation! If they have no intension on coming they should NOT book!

Ottawa has a bad rep for client no shows. Is that rep really deserved and if so, how bad is it for providers? Also, how many no-shows are first-time clients vs regular repeats?

I have worked in-calls in Toronto and Prince George B.C., and it was the same story there...no shows are just a downside of this business. Even my chiropractor says it's amazing the number of people who think it's okay to book with her and not show. But in my experience, Toronto was worse than Ottawa for no shows.

I agree with Erin, Craigs is one of worst for no shows, but I have had 2 no shows from CERB as well...so

That's why I never give my address out until I know they are in the visitor parking lot. If you don't have a cell phone, too bad buddy...I can't see you.

I need to know who's coming to my door. And if you don't have the decency to call to say you're lost, late, or can't make it, then don't try booking again because I will not accept your call. I have my own little list of "noshows" I keep handy that I check against. Sometimes a gentleman will call to apologize later and depending on how it goes, I might give him another chance, but I never go for 3. I am a low-volume SP by choice, so if someone wastes my time, it could mean my earnings for the day.

To the ladies who ask for a deposit by PayPal, the reason why I think guys might be reluctant to do that is because of all of the scamming going on right now with these supposed "verification sites" that take your credit card Number and run...it has been very bad in Ottawa lately....it's a great idea, but I can see their point of view as well.

In fact some guys have said they don't even want to "look" at my site because they think I am going to ask them for money up front, to which I say, nowhere on my site does it say anything like that. You call me directly, you talk to me directly, you book me directly.

It's always the few bad apples that spoil it for the rest....

It's funny, it is not only this industry that is plagued by no-shows in Ottawa. I see an RMT semi-regularly for some sports injuries (have to remind myself at times that flipping over is different with her then at CMJ :wink:) and she had two no-shows yesterday and her colleague had one. They spent all morning twiddling their thumbs instead of making some money.

This thread was in my mind and I asked about them. One was a new customer, no call to cancel. The other two were regulars who also didn't call to cancel. Maybe it is Ottawa people in general!:roll: