Sending a text just saying 'hi'

I don't ;ike one worded texts like rate? how much? available?

it really doesn't give me a good feeling about the person at all.

• Like 3

Exactly! I am always flattered by a nice text just saying 'Hello, just wanted to say hi, love your ads', or something like that. It's the one word 'hi' texts that my post is about. A friendly hello is always welcomed :)

My pet peeve is just saying " hey"

GRRRRRRRRR

Edited by FineWineDiva

Just like i would normally if texting someone i know.

Try to as nice as possible because i know sps probably get tons of texts in a day

Don't text me saying "Hey or "Hi"and when I respond..no answer. Then 2 or 3 days later texting me telling me you were hoping to meet me?? Please don't waste my time. An SP won't be offended if you want to get straight to the point and ask legitimate questions or for an appt request. And don't text me at 2 am either.

• Like 1

I know that first contact can be quite scary and exciting all bundled up with even more mixed feeling and emotions. I clearly state how to contact me and what to do or say. The "Hey" or "Hi" messages become exhausting just trying to get a "Hello, my name is ***** and I saw your ad on *****". That is all ask for intially but it's like pulling teeth just getting that information sometimes and I am very patient and never short with anyone and help them through those first steps, 9 times out of 10 I know and can tell when someone is new or shy when contacting a companion. With that said, just fully read the providers ads and instructions. To make things more simple to open that line of communication, introduce yourself.:icon_wink:

Now if I get a text from a gent that is not looking to book but is just saying a friendly hello, I love it! They say who they are and ask how I'm doing, about my family and their message is genuine and that says to me wow, he was thinking of me:redface:. Many are from gents I've never met but we have built a friendship on here and it's puts a major smile on my face.

Big Hugs and Kisses,

Lexy

Guest k*n**e
Pretty much every day, I'll receive a few texts from numbers I've never seen before, just saying 'hi' or, 'hey'

OMG I absolutely hate this. It's awkward & what if it was someone you may know, it makes it hard for your to respond. It should be straight to the point if it was a serious inquiry. Often times they don't respond or it's just a game. I hate games lol!

xox

I had to reply. I am new to the site & was just browsing.

i don't know if Canada is like the UK but most phones get unlimited texts which allows these guys to text whenever they feel like ( and it sure multiplies in school holidays when the school boys are off school)

If everyone one of those texts with HI OR Hey turn't into a booking i would be a seriously rich lady

I was soooo going to send a text saying "Hi", but didn't want to get blacklisted!!! It does seem odd to start a text conversation that way. Even if a friend does it. It's like they are too lazy to start the conversation and want you to do it. I agree with Miss Catra that shyness probably plays a role...

• Like 1

I never answer to sms with simply "Hi" as i always think this gent have no intention of booking but just want to chat.

and when he comes to sms like, where are u ?? how much u charge, available now ?? i think this gent create a template on their phone and send it to few girls at the same time. I always believe if a gent is really interested in meeting you will take few min to give you a proper call.

• Like 3

i tend to judge texts by if they are well written and polite written then the chances are that they are probably genuine

If its all done in text speak and stuff where are you, prices,services, blah blah and i have to spend 5 mins working out what I'm supposed to read then its probably a time waster because when i text back saying please call they never do ( lol)

I know that defeats the object of texts which are supposed to be quick and simple but give me someone that can actually put a sentence or two together over blunt and rude texts anyway

• Like 1

If someone starts off a text without an introduction by just saying "rates?" "address?", what will they be like in person? Just shows they have no regard for the SP so when people send me those kinds of texts, I don't answer back. If a guy can't address an SP properly, it tells me a lot about their character.

• Like 6

If someone starts off a text without an introduction by just saying "rates?" "address?", what will they be like in person? Just shows they have no regard for the SP so when people send me those kinds of texts, I don't answer back. If a guy can't address an SP properly, it tells me a lot about their character.

Don't be so hard. Men don't communicate the same way as women.. Some just get right to the point in emails/texts.

Typical male texting to arrange a play date.

Man 1 "beer?"

Man 2 "where"

Man 1" Big Rig at 5"

Man 2 " k"

• Like 1

Don't be so hard. Men don't communicate the same way as women.. Some just get right to the point in emails/texts.

Man 1 "beer?"

Man 2 "where"

Man 1" Big Rig at 5"

Man 2 " k"

I dont use the same language when I correspond with clients than I use to talk with my friend. The "Where r u?" arent very professionnel. If you have to contact your lawyer, doctor or whatever.. I dont think you use "hey wassup" kind of thing.

If this is a regular client, this is a different thing but for first approch...

"wanna fuck?"

"where?"

Sorry, its a BIG turn off!

• Like 8

Man 1 "beer?"

Man 2 "where"

Man 1" Big Rig at 5"

Man 2 " k"

I don't give a hoot if you're a man, a woman or a monkey. If you're arranging a date with someone you don't know, you address yourself in a professional manner. After all, this is a business and contrary to what some might believe, SPs are running a business and we're not one of your buddies texting to meet a bar to watch a game.

Maybe that's how it works in your world and your example shows no regard for etiquette when contacting someone ( proves my point) but I do have higher standards of who *I* decide to come into contact with.

Is technology to blame that people can't even type out the characters for the word "Hello Jane, Betty or Joan"? Fuck me, what is this world coming to when people can't address someone by their name? Is that too much to ask nowadays?

• Like 9

Man 1 "beer?"

Man 2 "where"

Man 1" Big Rig at 5"

Man 2 " k"

Why yes us men all communicate like that ! On Pluto. Nice planet I hear. Big rigs there.

• Like 5

Man 1 "beer?"

Man 2 "where"

Man 1" Big Rig at 5"

Man 2 " k"

Well I'm not your bro, so try to have some class.

I got a new number, and forgot to tell a friend about it. While we aren't particularly close, he's good company

This is how our conversation went (It was 1:30 am at the time)

Me: Busy?

Him: Nah, wife went to sleep

Me: Know a place open?

Him: Yeah, this lounge, (gives me the address)

Me: k cool, see you there

Him: cool

After 15 minutes, I get a text from him

Him: Almost there, btw, who is this?

Me: piano8950...sorry, new number

Him: cool

This is why I don't text. If I'm restricted to 140 characters, I'm going to use as few as possible. This is why I always always email/PM. And yeah, most guys I know are pretty much abrupt over this medium.

I only use text message with an SP or MA to update if there is a last moment thing, or running late because of traffic (or the same for her), and that goes for any service that I use. Booking by texts just seem very foreign to me. Perhaps that makes me a techno-traditionalist?

• Like 2

If I'm restricted to 140 characters, I'm going to use as few as possible. This is why I always always email/PM.

While I also much prefer writing a proper introduction using a PM when time permits (and it typically does) , don't most phones nowadays automatically split up and reassemble long messages?

PM, email or txt it doesnt Matter, your preferrec method of communication has to be respectful... there is short ways of also itroducng yourself and inquiry in a respectful matter

ex:

Hi, this is... , and would like to have nformation about your services. Ty

thats pretty simple, no big words required, is repectful and is short in case you need to keep it short for what ever reaosn may be...

In another note.., having met an SP or Ma, once or twice or even 20 times.., does not give you the rigth of texting, emailing, Pming .., wantng to know about personal information UNLESS she has been the one wanting to share and do this... Remember we all have Personal Lifes (being the ladies or the Gentlemen...) or how would you like your provider to text you while you are spending time with your family and or friends... just think of that for a second.. :)

Lets all be happy and share respectful relationships with proper boundaries :)

While I also much prefer writing a proper introduction using a PM when time permits (and it typically does) , don't most phones nowadays automatically split up and reassemble long messages?

When I was dating, and before she and I got BlackBerries, we texted a lot. We sent massive texts (well, she would usually lump an entire day's worth of updates in one text), and one thing I've realized is that even in this day and age, texting is flaky. Even today, if for some reason someone sends me a long text, I might receive them in the wrong order, or in one particularly annoying instance, I kept on getting the first part of the 4 part message after every section of the message arrived. So it was part 1, part 1, part 2, part 1, part 3, part 1, part 4, part 1.

• Like 1

I personally would never initiate an inquiry by text, it seems so cold and distant !

On this site I would initiate by PM , but I must 'talk' via phone very early into the process. I like to hear the voice that goes with the pics, or the ad, this puts me at ease and after this initial communication, I feel more comfortable texting leading up to my encounter, and of course at any future time that I may wish another encounter. Always respectful of course, since I 'know' the person by voice.

As for other sites, I don't answer to any 'text only' ads, and if there is a number, I will call to talk, and proceed as above!

I think this just shows respct for the ladies and their profession.

• Like 1