Response to Contacts

A question to the SPs. If an email or PM is sent, how long should the sender wait before he should assume no response will be coming? I know there are always exceptions and extenuating circumstances but as a general rule "An contact not answered in X days will not likely be answered" Thoughts?

I would say within 24hrs is reasonable if you follow the contact protocol the sp provides.As my web page indicates when I'm away I don't respond at all until my return. I don't check voice mails or emails, thats my private time so no business.

We all have to keep in mind however emergencies, unexpected incidences, company, ect, ect can cause one to fall behind too. So if one wants to meet a particular provider sometimes patience and understanding is needed.

• Like 1

If I don't hear back within a day or two, well I'll send a second email. Sometimes you may have sent a email but for whatever reasons it got lost in cyberspace (happened once to me) which is why I'll send a second email. Also, the lady may have taken a day or two off. Now if no response to a second email, then I won't contact again.

RG

I usually respond to emails within 24-48 hours. Many of us have day jobs, kids, families, lives, etc, and we may not be able to get back to you right away.

Also, and I'm not insinuating that this was your issue, but if I receive emails that are one word or line, such as "hi" or "are you available now?" I don't respond to them at all.

• Like 6

Berlin,

Your point is well made ... nothing emails get no response. Assuming this is not the case, it sounds like 24-48 hours before trying again is appropriate and if you don't hear back the second time you are not going to.

Guest C*****tte

One thing to note as I might not be the only one - I respond quicker to emails than PMs as I have to login to reply to PMs and I might not have Internet access while on the go - which I am most of the day.

I'll wait 24 hours and I only make one contact......after that I move along.

I agree.

It has happened where a lady is on vacation and I get a response about a week later, of course that is an exception.

Although I generally don't like an "auto reply" I do think it is a good idea for an SP to do when she is on vacation.

One thing to note as I might not be the only one - I respond quicker to emails than PMs as I have to login to reply to PMs and I might not have Internet access while on the go - which I am most of the day.

Ya, good point. Hence why I always appreciate when ladies clearly indicate their preferred method of communication.

I am extremely patient when it comes to hearing back from my inquiries. I never expect an immediate response to pm's, e-mails or texts. Expecting an immediate response is ridiculous, people are busy and most definitely have a life outside of CERB. Getting a message back right away is nice, but should never be expected.

• Like 1

I usually expect 1-3 days. Although I have found that the surest way to ensure a response is to contact and make plans with someone else. As soon as I have those plans firmed up, the lady I was waiting on is sure to get in touch.