Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a great deal of valour exhibited in daily life today, so the role played by discretion is thus minimized and marginalized.

As a corollary, it's all on Facebook or My Space or Twitter anyway, so no need to be brave about keeping her secrets - or those of anyone else.

Is that a good thing is this era of water boarding? Does it at least keep your face dry? I leave that for wiser minds to decide.

Guest f***2f***

Yes we are in the gossip tabloid era. If there is muck to rake let's do it seems to be the watchword. Who would want the hassle of running for public office in the US these days where your life has to be an open book and squeaky clean in order to hold any high public office.

With all the whistle blower stuff and people who have little or no loyalty to anything or anyone anymore there is less and less appetite in the public forum to keep certain things under wraps.

The Internet has blown wide open the idea that you can keep information secret or confidential. Your info is out there and some industrious hacker can get it astonishingly easy for a little bit of time invested.

I'm afraid the much vaunted Information Age is a boon for snoops and gossips and of course criminals who can steal your identity, your money and your reputation.

Discretion...not any more I'm afraid.

Discretion and valour are 2 elements that are slowly diminishing each passing day. A result of the respect factor becoming null and void...because it's all about me. And it's not just youth, it's the overall culture.

Next on the block is trust. So what we need is more valour...