Are SP's prepared for Swine Flu Epidemic?

My point is if you research this flu shot, (in particular) you will see that it has been pushed through extremely fast. Also there are many front line health care workers that are refusing the shot.. risking their jobs in protest..

The government of Ontario refuses to mandate the H1N1 vaccine - meaning that NO ONE'S jobs are at risk if they refuse the vaccine.

I am not arguing about researching this properly - my issue with your post was that you were linking to pages of the same.. caliber.. shall we say. And you are doing the same thing by stating that front line health care workers are risking their jobs by refusing the shot. Please educate yourself fully before spewing off comments like that.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/25/AR2009092503854.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1208716/Half-GPs-refuse-swine-flu-vaccine-testing-fears.html

http://scienceblogs.com/effectmeasure/2009/10/mandatory_swine_flu_vaccinatio.php

The government of Ontario refuses to mandate the H1N1 vaccine - meaning that NO ONE'S jobs are at risk if they refuse the vaccine.

I am not arguing about researching this properly - my issue with your post was that you were linking to pages of the same.. caliber.. shall we say. And you are doing the same thing by stating that front line health care workers are risking their jobs by refusing the shot. Please educate yourself fully before spewing off comments like that.

Someone would actually go to a dinner party where neither politics nor religion was discussed?? BORING!!

Remember back to junior high school literature -- literature must contain at least one of the following conflicts: man against man, man against nature, man against himself.

Otherwise, FAIL!

My mistake; I thought we were on a Canadian board :roll:.

Again, the point being made whether its U.S. or Canadian news.. The vaccine is the same one.. Same issues with it.. Maybe Canadians have more rights to refuse it, doesnt make it more safe to take it. Would you eat something the cook would refuse to eat? So why would you take an injection that is so controversial that the creators themselves wouldnt take. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4SmFxyust0&feature=related

The original point I was making.. again.. was I think ppl should do their own research... After doing so if they still feel the right thing to do it to accept the vaccine then they do it with an informed approach.

But anyone thinking that the government always has our best interest at heart is really naive. If it comes down to who's more important us... or the Billions of dollars behind the pharmacutical companies.. Which side of the fence do you think they will sit on.?

pkjason, I have to wonder is concerning the vaccine. I only enter into debates with folks that can hold their own; obviously, you do not respond adequately, and therefore, I am done.

• Like 1

Guest s******ecan****
Again, the point being made whether its U.S. or Canadian news.. The vaccine is the same one.. Same issues with it.. Maybe Canadians have more rights to refuse it, doesnt make it more safe to take it. Would you eat something the cook would refuse to eat? So why would you take an injection that is so controversial that the creators themselves wouldnt take. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4SmFxyust0&feature=related

The original point I was making.. again.. was I think ppl should do their own research... After doing so if they still feel the right thing to do it to accept the vaccine then they do it with an informed approach.

But anyone thinking that the government always has our best interest at heart is really naive. If it comes down to who's more important us... or the Billions of dollars behind the pharmacutical companies.. Which side of the fence do you think they will sit on.?

I took your advice and decided to do my own research.....

I watched the youtube you linked and frankly its a piece of garbage. The "so called investigative reporter" is Wayne Madsen a well known conspiracy theory blogger who at other times has claimed the following

- that his Naval career was sabotaged by a High Level Naval pedophile ring

- that the Bush Admin was involved in 9-11

- When former New York governor Eliot Spitzer was arrested for prostitution is was the reult of an Israeli spy operation

- Originally claimed that the H1N1 virus was man made

- His claims in this youtube clip that children were used as guinea pigs or that the US gov't was considering "forced" vaccination are mere delusions without support.

As for his throw away claim that the makers of the small pox vaccine won't be taking the H1N1 again this is something he merely asserts without providing proof or support.

The guy spent his life as a Naval officer never rising higher than Lt. and has since set himself up as some "self described" investigative journalist. No credibility

As for the news service broadcasting this gruel....its a company based in Moscow, the RT stands for "Russia Today". Their home page is hosted by Blogspot..not exactly Fleet Street. Admittedly they set out to report the worlds news from a Russian perspective. They have close ties to the Government of Russia, and awards for journalistic excellence are not exactly in their future.

http://anyotherstory.blogspot.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Madsen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RT_(TV_network)

Edited by s******ecan****
spelling, grammer

Pardon my language, but fuck swine flu. It's overblown and there are other things out there to protect yourself from, like, oh, AIDS maybe.

• Like 1

Swine flu is nothing more than lolz if you're not already in an at risk group (infants, elderly, etc.) or morbidly obese. My aunt, a nurse at the IWK, tells me the big concern about it is that it can penetrate the lungs more quickly and deeply than other flus; though this also seems to only reach extreme seriousness with the obese. This is a big deal only because fear creates ratings and sells newspapers/magazines. Remember how the Armageddon has arrived in the form of SARS, Mad Cow, Bird Flu, et. al over the past number of years and one learns that health reporting on the news is more comedy than anything else

pkjason, I have to wonder is concerning the vaccine. I only enter into debates with folks that can hold their own; obviously, you do not respond adequately, and therefore, I am done.

Back in the day when my children were infants there was a lot of controversy around getting the young ones the standard vaccinations, there were organized groups around town some connected the Breast feeding group that my wife and I belonged to fighting against the vaccinations. The reality is that some babies had horrible reactions to the vaccine. I looked carefully at both sides and for the first time was involved in a conspiracy theory but "the man" I could not help but laugh at the anti establishment types. The very remote possible side effects were vastly outweighed by the benefits. My children survived the vaccinations.

The nurses I have spoken too about the vaccine are getting the vaccine, one of the nurses is in her 50's and is not sure about getting the vaccine because she never gets sic. No one mentioned any fear about the vaccine, or concerns about losing there job or being forced not to work (if health workers have a bad cold they encouraged to stay home, or are sent home that is a fact regardless of vaccines or not).

As for the original question I think any occupations with contact with the public is at risk to the same degree, cashiers, sales people, politicians (especially kissing all those babies) and government workers (especially kissing all those asses!!!) I can't help myself!!!

I've been sitting here trying to figure out what I intended that first sentence to say.. I guess that I wonder why he has such an agenda against the vaccine? Anyway, moral of the story is don't drink and post!

Posted via Mobile Device

I will explain why I am not Pro-vaccine, and I think alot of reasonable people do feel the same way as I do.

My Aunt served in the first Gulf War as a nurse. During her tour of duty she was given a number of Vaccines, one of which was for Anthrax. This Vaccine contained SQUALENE. For those of you who do not know what Squalene is, look it up and how it affects the human body.

Fast forward to the present, most of her friends that served with her suffer from the Gulf war syndrome.. Most of them are Dead, sick or dying.. She suffers from severe Fybromyalgia, constant chronic pain and suffering.. quality of life Extremely low. She did recieve a settlement, hardly worth going through this.

I am the first to admit a skeptic when it comes to the Media and Government. I consider myself to be an open-minded individual that doesn't follow a herd mentality and just accept things blindly.

I do read some "conspiracy theory" material.. Some of it has merit, some of it certainly does not. But anything anti Government will always be a conspiracy, and everything is a theory until proven..

This is a link from a site that lists different vaccines, their ingredients and Effects on people.. (before you jump on this, it is from an anti-vaccine source site.. As pro-vaccines dont often show the ingredients)http://www.novaccine.com/vaccine-ingredients/

The reason I use more US and Foreign sources is simply there is more info available there than on a Canadian Website. Most things on Canadian sites are recycled info from these other sources anyways.. The vaccines are the same the issues are the same.

One thing you do notice is there is a stronger Anti-vaccine attitude in European countries partly due their more anti-establishment ideaology. Some people would argue Europeans tend to be more cutting edge thinkers, certainly more liberal.

At the end of the day folks, we will get Flus we will get colds.. its part of life.. We deal with it.. Wash your hands often, avoid going to walk in clincs, and emergency rooms unless really necessary. Eat properly and don't over undulge in things that are not good for you. Thats really all there is to it. IMHO

I think it's very important to do research about anything that you take into your body. Personally, I'm not comfortable with the ingredients in the standard vaccines, so I choose a naturopathic alternative for me & my family. Again thats just my choice.

And as for researching information like this, I tend to look at the source the information is coming from. I cringe whenever I see a link to Jeff 'the Jews are gonna get us' Rense, as not very many folk take him serious & well, there's some pretty offensive ideas spued there. Not at all slamming anyone for links to certain sites, but definitely check their source, especially when having a debate on a subject such as this. There are some pretty wild ideas out there, & some have their own agenda, too.

The reason I use more US and Foreign sources is simply there is more info available there than on a Canadian Website. Most things on Canadian sites are recycled info from these other sources anyways.. IMHO

I think there's some very good information to be had in US & Foreign sources myself. As for info available on Canadian sites, I did find this link. It can take a little digging sometimes. At least Health Canada is transparent with the ingredients used.

http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/publicat/cig-gci/p01-tab01-eng.php

At the end of the day folks' date=' we will get Flus we will get colds.. its part of life.. We deal with it.. Wash your hands often, avoid going to walk in clincs, and emergency rooms unless really necessary. Eat properly and don't over undulge in things that are not good for you. Thats really all there is to it. [/quote']

As you mention, regularly washing your hands. I do so after handling money, using the washroom or being on public transit, it's a simple preventative measure. And of course, eating healthy & not running off to the doc whenever you get a little sniffle, yes.

I do know a fair bit about the whole subject of NWO and Illuminati ect.. The problem right now is there is also alot of disinformation out there to discredit the actual good information. Alex Jones for one just got de-balled for having a hoax interview with Charlie Sheen and Obama which was a huge blow to his credibility.

As far as Rense is concerned, I am not anti-sematic whatsoever but I do find some of the info on his site good, but again its like anything you have to sift through it.

There are often some very credible sites that he has links to.

hey pkjason, you follow anything on the NWO?

http://infowars-shop.stores.yahoo.net/faofreprofba.html

Guest s******ecan****

There are often some very credible sites that he has links to.

Examples???????

As far as Rense is concerned, I am not anti-sematic whatsoever...

Nah, wasn't accusing you of that, just his hokie pokie site. And I think when someone does link to a site like his for the purpose of a debate, you kinda throw the baby out with the bath water, know what I mean?

Even if there is tid bits of good info in amongst garbage, it's just simply not particularly a good idea to link to them, as the fact that they are wacky sites gets pointed out first & foremost.

Apologies if I've strayed from topic... And no, I've never had a flu shot & rarely get sick. :)

Examples???????

Well such as USA today, BBC, The financial times, Chicago tribune, CBS.. to name a few..

He does have some links to some alternate news which is really the whole point. Most the mainstream media is very censored, his site highlights controversial subjects and information. By no means should you take it all as gospel and I am not saying that. But it does raise questions and if even a fraction of what is implied in some of these articles, serious scary stuff..

Guest S***e

Although the original post was directed to SPs, it's certainly something we should all consider. I tend to be very proactive about my own healthcare so I will be getting my seasonal flu shot very soon and I will line up for my H1N1 shot when available for the regular population. This coupled with all the other precautions will mitigate my liklihood of getting any strain of flu going around but you can only do what you can only do. Over the years I've had some pretty nasty bouts of the flu and have survived okay. Not the healthiest way to loose weight either! LOL It takes a lot out of me and my recovery times get longer the older I get. I'll take my chances with the vaccines and do the best I can to be proactive through many of the measures mentioned in the foregoing. Bottom line is, I really hate being sick and I really don't want to spread buggies around either.

Stay well folks.

Guest s******ecan****
Well such as USA today, BBC, The financial times, Chicago tribune, CBS.. to name a few..

He does have some links to some alternate news which is really the whole point. Most the mainstream media is very censored, his site highlights controversial subjects and information. By no means should you take it all as gospel and I am not saying that. But it does raise questions and if even a fraction of what is implied in some of these articles, serious scary stuff..

I don't take any of it a gospel, or even rumour since I don't think the sources you cite even rise to that level. Rense who denies the Holocaust doesen't even have enough credibility to discuss the law of gravity, Rev. Alan Phillips (a 3rd year law student when he wrote "Myths about Vaccinations" which you linked to is a North Carolina Religious zealot

the other Conspiracy nut I already debunked. Why is it these types are always the lone voice in the wilderness? Its always the same, the one guy who supposedly knows the truth is always some underqualified nobody who has set himself up against a vast body of trained and educated experts. Of course when this fact is presented then we always get the "well the experts are part of a conspiracy"...very slick.

Of course people should do research, but consider the source, these cranks are just like the Billy Joe Gymbags who are always getting abducted by aliens, funny how they never abduct urban dwelling europeans or or people living in asia, its always some bumpkin from the backwoods of hookworm county.

Ask your Doctor, check Health Canada's website (our Gov't is not evil, corrupt, or in bed with the pharmaceutical industry..ineffecient yes..evil no...take the time to read about the real corrupt and evil gov'ts in the world and maybe you'll see the difference). Check your provincial health website.

Do it... don't do it..... nothing is going to change....no one here is going to change their mind.

so can we move on

Nuff said!

duty_calls.png

flogging-dead-horse.jpg\

deadhorse.jpg

flogging-a-dead-horse-300.jpg

Edited by Ragnaglar
cause I wanna!
  • Like 1

Do it... don't do it..... nothing is going to change....no one here is going to change their mind.

so can we move on

Nuff said!

duty_calls.png

flogging-dead-horse.jpg\

deadhorse.jpg

flogging-a-dead-horse-300.jpg

BAHAHAHA. I loved the first xkcd comic. That site just kills me.

I certainly do not want to offend anyone with the dead horse joke, so no horses were harmed...........LOL

:twisted: